ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information on marriage in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

immigrant_ik
Newly Registered

Information on marriage in UK

Post by immigrant_ik » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello All,

I have been living in the UK as a student since 2010. My visa expired in on 2012 and since then I have been trying to extend my visa as a student but the HO has somehow been able to refuse my application twice. Its been more than two years that my application is pending in the HO and my college's licence has been revoked as well.

My girlfriend and I met in 2012 and have been in a relationship since and due to family reasons she is insisting on getting married. Now, the problem is that HO has all my documents and my passport has expired in the mean time. I am not being able to register as all my documents are in the HO, I cannot travel to Italy to marry her neither can she come Bangladesh to marry me because of political unrest. Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Information on marriage in UK

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:57 pm

What is her nationality
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:15 pm

immigrant_ik wrote:I cannot travel to Italy to marry her
Guess, Italian.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

immigrant_ik
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant_ik » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Obie wrote:What is her nationality
She is Italian. So what are the odds that they have not refusrefused my application and haven't informed me??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:57 am

immigrant_ik wrote:Hello All,

I have been living in the UK as a student since 2010. My visa expired in on 2012 and since then I have been trying to extend my visa as a student but the HO has somehow been able to refuse my application twice. Its been more than two years that my application is pending in the HO and my college's licence has been revoked as well.

My girlfriend and I met in 2012 and have been in a relationship since and due to family reasons she is insisting on getting married. Now, the problem is that HO has all my documents and my passport has expired in the mean time. I am not being able to register as all my documents are in the HO, I cannot travel to Italy to marry her neither can she come Bangladesh to marry me because of political unrest. Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Home Office say Bangladesh is fine to travel to.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/bangladesh
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....