ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Tier 1 General - Croydon - 29/07/2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dp44
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Tier 1 General - Croydon - 29/07/2015

Post by dp44 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:25 am

Firstly, thanks for everyone who have contributed to this form. It helped me immensely to prepare my application. Possibly saved me a few ££ in legal fees

Documents Submitted
  • Form, Passports, BRP, Payment sheet, LIUK certificate
    12 Months Payslips (Full time employed)
    12 Month Bank Statements
    2 previous + 1 current employer + 1 self-attested (for period I was self-employed) letters confirming dates worked for absence proof
    SAR report ( clear record but see reasons below)
    Degree Certificate (not needed as submitted as part of previous application)
I took a lot of information with me but didn’t submit anything (P60’s, P45’s, for period I was self-employed Accountant letter, business statements)

My application was not entirely straightforward and I had some issues which I have noted below

1) Total days spent outside the UK - 246 but not breaching the limit of 180 days in any of the fiver year periods before application

I have been employed full time and self-employed over the last 5 years. Both my initial application and extension were on the basis of full time employment. However, after my extension I had a period of approx. 1.5 years were I was a director of my own company. I provided employer letters stating the dates I was employed and a self-attested letter for the time I was self-employed. IF your absence is not more than 180 days in any five year period, they have no grounds for refusal

2) I had a speeding fine in court in November 2010. My SAR report came clean. I ticked NO in the criminal record section and attached the SAR report. I however declared the conviction just to ensure they can’t hold me for deception

3) I have a fine pending with HMRC for my company owing to some late filings (approx. £2,500). My account ( the worst ever!!) has received them but didn’t notify me so this was a concern. However, my application was based of full time employment.

4) I received a P800 from HMRC 3 days before my appointment saying had underpaid tax by £4000 in the last tax year. This is correct due to incorrect Tax code. I was concerned about this but seems it didn’t matter

Experience at PEO

What a pleasant experience!!! When I went for my extension, it took it 6.5 hours with no information being provided and a crappy waiting area with no decent refreshments.

However, looks like Theresa May has done well. The staff were polite, the same office seemed bright and airy and the waiting area was very comfortable

My appointment was at 8:20. I arrived at 7:45 and was out by 9:40. The counter screen tracked my application throughout. I was a bit nervous but I guess most people are no matter how straightforward the case.

At no point I had any interaction with the CW who review my application

Any other questions, I am happy to address

hinasohrab
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - Tier 1 General - Croydon - 29/07/2015

Post by hinasohrab » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi,

Congratulations for your ILR. Can you please assist in the following:

I have to apply for ILR next month. I was self employed for first four years on Tier 1 General and am a Director of my own company in the latest year. Can you please assist in follwoing queries in my case:

1) Absence: What shall I tick in section 6.3: Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling and compassionate reasons or Other or leave it blank? (my visits were just family visits and not compelling or compassionate ones).

2)Page 31 says that you may provide any other information that can help to support your application -> My husband works full time and has dependant visa being myself main applicant. Would it be good to mention that he is working and providing evidence of his employment?

3)Page 71 : 12L ->where it says you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - I am ok to check the box against it.
For the period before you were granted leave as Tier 1 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules....I am on Tier 1 since my first entry clearnace. Shall I leave this checkbox blank?

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks,
Hina Sohrab

hinasohrab
Newly Registered

Post by hinasohrab » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Any help please!

dp44
Newly Registered

Post by dp44 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:52 am

1) I just ticked the first box - 'letters from employers detailing...' and provided a self signed letter stating I was self-employed for the time. Like I said before if your absence is not more than 180 days in any five year period, they have no grounds for refusal and you will be fine.

2) I would say yes, provide the information here but do not attach any proof. Just carry it with you in case you are asked. I would get more advise here as I am no expert on this

3) If your 5 year residence period is entirely made up of leave to remain as a T1G Migrant, then this point does not apply to you & can be left un-selected. It clearly states the period BEFORE you were granted....

hinasohrab
Newly Registered

Post by hinasohrab » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi dp44,

Thanks for your answers. Just to mention that at the time of my Tier 1 General extension, my husband was working and I mentioned that in the coverletter and enclosed his contract only. No payslips, statements etc. I will look forward for your further advise on question 2.

Regards,
Hina