ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

adult dependent visa for mother in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrsfakher
Newly Registered

adult dependent visa for mother in law

Post by mrsfakher » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:57 am

my husband is here in UK on Tier 5 visa till november 2016. he is on a govt exchange plan from our country for a specified duration. we have come as his dependents. myy mother is the only family i have and she has been with me after my marriage helping me in bringing up my kids while i did a full time job. in fact my kids r more attached to her than me. i applied for her visit visa for 6 months but it was refused with objections saying lack of financial documents and guarantee that she will return. now i want to reapply with documents clarifying all their objections. but now i plan to apply for 2 yrs as my kids r going thru emotional trauma of getting separated from her. the sponsor will be my husband.
can u guide me that
1. can my apply as family member of my husband.
2. should i go for 2yrs application.
3, what supporting documents from uk can help me to strengthen the application.

geriatrix

Re: dependent visa for mother in law

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:50 am

1. No.
2. Irrelevant.
3. Irrelevant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:26 pm

mrsfakher wrote:my husband is here in UK on Tier 5 visa till november 2016. he is on a govt exchange plan from our country for a specified duration. we have come as his dependents. myy mother is the only family i have and she has been with me after my marriage helping me in bringing up my kids while i did a full time job. in fact my kids r more attached to her than me. i applied for her visit visa for 6 months but it was refused with objections saying lack of financial documents and guarantee that she will return. now i want to reapply with documents clarifying all their objections. but now i plan to apply for 2 yrs as my kids r going thru emotional trauma of getting separated from her. the sponsor will be my husband.
can u guide me that
1. can my apply as family member of my husband.
2. should i go for 2yrs application.
3, what supporting documents from uk can help me to strengthen the application.
1. No
2. Need a history of successful 6 months visas so No.
3. None, 100% chance of refusal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Oh! I thought 2. and 3. were related to "dependant" application. That's why I wrote "irrelevant".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mrsfakher
Newly Registered

Post by mrsfakher » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:39 pm

please anyone can help me with this.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:36 pm

It is unclear as to whether you want to apply for a Adult Relative Dependant visa for your mother or a visit visa. Can you clarify?

If it is an Adult Dependant Relative visa, they are practically impossible to get. Only 34 applications have been successful in the last three years. You must prove that your mother needs basic care to look after with bathing, washing, etc AND that you can not pay for it in her home country. Given that in most countries you can pay for help, most applications are rejected on that score.

As for a visit visa, a 2 year visa is only given after a track record of successful six month visas. Even if it is given, your mother can only stay in the UK for less than the period that she has stayed in her home country. So, in any one year period, she can only stay in the UK for a maximum of six months and must spend the remaining six months in her home country.

UKV&I is particularly vigilant about people trying to stay in the UK on the basis of a visit visa. If the Immigration Officer at the airport gets the impression that she is using a visit visa to stay in the UK, he can cancel the visa on the spot and send your mother back home on the next flight out.

So, neither option is really suitable for you. If the children miss her, I'm afraid the next step is for them to visit her in her home country.

The advice above applies irrespective of whether it is your husband or you who are the sponsor. The key thing is that your mother should not be staying in the UK on the basis of a visit visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 pm

secret.simon wrote:If it is an Adult Dependant Relative visa, they are practically impossible to get. Only 34 applications have been successful in the last three years. You must prove that your mother needs basic care to look after with bathing, washing, etc AND that you can not pay for it in her home country. Given that in most countries you can pay for help, most applications are rejected on that score.
Surely you mean 3 OR 4 and not 34??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:29 pm

The JCWI reports that in response to an FoI request, they were advised that 34 ADR visas were issued between 1st November 2012 and 30th September 2013 (Page 8 of the JCWI report on ADR). But subsequent FoI requests through the WhatDoTheyKnow website have been declined on the grounds of costs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Ahhhh, although likely decisions on applications that were made prior to the rule change in July 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 pm

The 34 were granted leave under Appendix FM. However, apparently ECOs only granted six to ten visas, and so the rest must have won appeals.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

CR001 wrote:Ahhhh, although likely decisions on applications that were made prior to the rule change in July 2012.
I believe the majority of successes have been for applications submitted in countries where the cost of care is higher than the UK...the USA for example.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

smkhan
Newly Registered

Re: adult dependent visa for mother in law

Post by smkhan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi, would be grateful if experts could consider my suggestion that your mum should apply in Domestic Servant category. I hope they will issue T-5 visa to your mum as domestic servant of your husband.
All you need is, you husband should earn a specific amount and can pay a minimum wages to your mum.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:24 pm

Applying for leave as a Domestic worker does not help as it no longer leads to settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

smkhan
Newly Registered

Post by smkhan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:53 am

Sir vinny, she includes in her question that her husband is here for specific duration. They would not interested in settlement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:00 am

Apologies. My mistake.

Can she satisfy all the requirements?
WRK2.1.1 What are the requirements? wrote: be aged 18 to 65 inclusive

have been employed as a domestic worker for one year or more immediately before the application for entry clearance under the same roof as the employer or in a household the employer uses for themselves on a regular basis ...

mrsfakher
Newly Registered

Post by mrsfakher » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 pm

thanks to all the replies and advice. well now i am planning to re-apply for 6 months visit with detailed clarifications to all their objections. plus i plan to add a detailed covering letter from our side and one from my mother explaining that we have no intention to settle or over stay in this country. in addition as someone advised me we plan to add evidence of our settled govt jobs back in our country with evidence of govt exchange duration as a evidence of our definite going back.
i need advice on these steps that i plan to take.
plus, as u people might know in Asian countries most of the transactions are made cash in hand and my mum used to submit saving after taking out expenditures from the income, and the immigration office had a objection that our bank entries did not match our income evidence. we plan to explain in detail in our covering letter, plus we r now submitting each income directly into bank and then withdrawing it to make entries. would this help out.