ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

was it a fraud call or I messed all up ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fiveseconds
Newly Registered

was it a fraud call or I messed all up ?

Post by fiveseconds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

URGENT: I made a visitor visa application for my relative, I received a voice mail from unknown number this morning, they said they are from home office and will contact me in 24 hours, they called me again in afternoon, I wasn't sure if person I am talking to is from office, i think it was fraud, I asked them to prove themselves they gave me a number 0114 *** **** and said to call them back, I called them back and a lady picked up, I asked them to send me an email from ukvi email address so I def know you are from home office but they said they don't have such email address and also they can only take my interview within an hour or send application back to dubai, I begged them for another day so i can confirm but they rejected, Does this ever happened to ANYONE ? thank you for reading..

Obie
Ireland

Re: was it a fraud call or I messed all up ?

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:47 pm

If the reject your visitor , you have only yourself to Blame.

They are not asking you for bank details or personal information and you simply refused to answer their question, opting for a policy which does not apply.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

fiveseconds
Newly Registered

Post by fiveseconds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Obie wrote:If the reject your visitor , you have only yourself to Blame.

They are not asking you for bank details or personal information and you simply refused to answer their question, opting for a policy which does not apply.
I got confused...

Is there anything I can do now ?

Thanks

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Theres nothing you can do apart from re-applying and answering the questions next time.

Thats the first i've heard about someone refusing to speak speak to the Home Office because they assumed they were a fraudster. Surely you could have confirmed with the person you spoke to the applicant name and application reference number?

You most likely have cost the applicant a visa refusal.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 pm

fiveseconds wrote:
Obie wrote:If the reject your visitor , you have only yourself to Blame.

I got confused...

Is there anything I can do now ?

Thanks
U tried to be over smart. How some one else know than HO that u apply visitor visa for somebody.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Probably due to this thread (and other reports) causing concern and over-cautiousness
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 11384.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fiveseconds
Newly Registered

Post by fiveseconds » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi everyone, because there was more risk in not attending this telephone call then attending it, so I called them today, after apologizing I told them if they can arrange an interview again, they called me back in the morning, asked me simple visa related questions like my relative's dob where he gonna stay etc... nothing too personal.. so I hope my relative gets the visa soon  , thanks everyone who contributed to this post.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Pleased to know you have it sorted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.