ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Employee Verification Checking service - flawed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MissyD

Home Office Employee Verification Checking service - flawed

Post by MissyD » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:09 am

I have had two bad experiences with this so called 'service' with the Home Office once in 2013 and again in 2015 and each time my potential employeer checked they returned a Negative Response stating that there is no application for leave submitted.

It seems that the Home Office employees do not believe in updating systems or each team or dept communicating with each other.

I have a pending application which was taken to Tribunal, the judge kicked it back to the Home Office to issue a proper notice whilst accepting that there was an in time valid application made - making my status continue with rights to work.

But the Employee Verification Check team has issued a Negative Response - no right to work to my potential employer.

Has anyone else been on the receiving end of this incorrect response by UKVI Employee Verification and how long did it take to sort?

Can they be sued or anything for this incorrect information or have costs awarded to me for loss of employment?

Advice appreciated.

favour

Re: Home Office Employee Verification Checking service - fla

Post by favour » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello MissyD,
from the various researches on peoples post that I have made on this website, I think the only way forward might be contacting your MP.
I am really surprised that the home office has not resolved your case. This is very unfair!!!
How do they want one to support oneself during years of waiting. Anyway, we can only pray for God's intervention.

Have you also tried calling the employer line?

MissyD

Post by MissyD » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:11 pm

I've emailed them and the complaints department and copied in my MP....and notified them that an MP was copied..

This is ridiculous.....

I'll wait to see what their response is before escalating again..

MissyD

Post by MissyD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:15 am

They've now responded to say it has ben passed to a Case Worker and we aim to respond within 3 MONTHS........

We all know that 3 months can turn into 3 years with this Home Office....

I've again sent to my MP and awaiting to hear ...

favour

Post by favour » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello favour,

not sure what happened, a re-check was done on me and subsequently my spouse and the result came back negative.
i am now going to go through the MP and complaints routes. please could you give me the email address for you used.

ukgirl
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi
I hope you get a good response from your MP. I have contacted mine about a negative response and he is going to contact the Home Office on my behalf. MP's have a hot line to the Home Office.