ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kd26
Newly Registered

Tier 4 to Spouse visa

Post by Kd26 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:02 pm

I am in big confusion. i am appreciate your advice and opinion in my case.

i am on tier 4 visa and just came in uk last month.i have permission to stay 1 year and 4 months. in the 3rd week of july ,i came to know that my college is in investigation under UKVI and the college name is not in the UkBa Tier 4 list.but management said we are waiting for the review and will be back in Tier 4 list just wait for 2-3 weeks.college is expecting to get the licence back. right now the college is on.

The main thing is i want to marry my girlfriend who is already in uk. she has a settlement visa but she is working on financial requirements to apply for spouse visa after the marriage. for the financial requirements we have to wait for 6 to 8 months beacuse this is her first job.

My questions to all of you,who can guide me and take time to give opinion what i can do in this situation.

1)should i wait for some month to marry her? or which is the best time to marry her? or should i marry her as soon as possible before my college get revoked?
and yeah i know i have to give 1month notice before marriage date.

2)if my college get revoked what should i do in this case to stay and marry my girlfriend and for future spouse visa application?

3)if get married and my college is revoked can i stay in uk under the current student visa till we apply for a spouse visa.

Thank you.

Casa

Re: Tier 4 to Spouse visa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:13 pm

You say your girlfriend has a settlement visa. Does she have ILR?
Be aware that as you are (I assume) both foreign nationals you will have to give notice to marry at a Home Office designated Registry office. Under the new rules, the Registrar is legally required to advise the Home Office of your intention to marry and the 28 days notification period can be extended to 70 days. This is in order to give the Home Office time to interview you should they choose to do so and then make a decision on the validity of the marriage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:21 pm

yes she has ILR.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:28 pm

There would be no point in applying for a spouse visa (after you marry), if your fiance (as your sponsor) is unable to show she meets the financial income level of £18,600 per annum earnings, with six months of evidence.
Marriage alone won't legalise your stay if you haven't been granted a FLR(M) spouse visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kd26
Newly Registered

Post by Kd26 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:30 pm

yeah right,thanks.