ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm

gabipo wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Has anyone applied in February/March period and received their PR recently?
Still Waiting :( :( :(
Same here. When did you apply for PR? March or February?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:09 pm

elena_86 wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
elena_86 wrote:Hi guys,
Have read through whole discussion, but couldn't find an answer on my question.
Will try to be short and clear.
I've retained my rights after the divorce, and since I first immigrated to the UK as a family member of EEA national in December 2010 I was employed ( same as my ex husband). However, I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and also was away travelling in total 2.5 months. I am still unemployed ( say almost 4 months), does it affect somehow on my application for Permanent Residence? I am looking for a job now, but not sure how long that will take.

I would be grateful for your advices!

thanks a lot
elena
Hi elena_86, thanks for sharing your situation with us. When do you plan to apply for PR? Do you have a comprehensive sickness insurance for that period?
Hello Forza, thanks for getting back to me. On 20 December 2015 will be exactly 5 years I first immigrated to the UK as a EU family member. Since that i always worked, and my ex husband did too ( before we got divorced). I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and stayed unemployed whole April, then I was overseas back home for 2 months, and came back 30.06 , since then still unemployed but looking for a job now. I can provide statements showing sufficient funds ( you think 14K savings is sufficient?), but i dont have a comprehensive medical insurance, and I wonder do I have to still get it ( if, say, I find a job asap)), and can i get cover back to April ( when I first become unemployed). I really wonder is 1-2 months of being unemployed that big deal? Don't people do break between the jobs :D
No worries. We all try to help each other here :) If I were you I would get a comprehensive medical insurance and keep it until you find a job. I do non think you can get an insurance which would cover the past unemployed period. If I were you I would definitely write a cover letter to HO explaining your situation including the short unemployed period when making the PR application. 1-2 months unemployment should not be a problem if you explain it well with a cover letter. Did you claim benefit or something during this period?

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello Forza, thanks for getting back to me. On 20 December 2015 will be exactly 5 years I first immigrated to the UK as a EU family member. Since that i always worked, and my ex husband did too ( before we got divorced). I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and stayed unemployed whole April, then I was overseas back home for 2 months, and came back 30.06 , since then still unemployed but looking for a job now. I can provide statements showing sufficient funds ( you think 14K savings is sufficient?), but i dont have a comprehensive medical insurance, and I wonder do I have to still get it ( if, say, I find a job asap)), and can i get cover back to April ( when I first become unemployed). I really wonder is 1-2 months of being unemployed that big deal? Don't people do break between the jobs :D[/quote]

No worries. We all try to help each other here :) If I were you I would get a comprehensive medical insurance and keep it until you find a job. I do non think you can get an insurance which would cover the past unemployed period. If I were you I would definitely write a cover letter to HO explaining your situation including the short unemployed period when making the PR application. 1-2 months unemployment should not be a problem if you explain it well with a cover letter. Did you claim benefit or something during this period?[/quote]

Hello, Forza, thanks! I, of course, did not claim any benefits whatsoever, or anything like that. I used NHS services though, in May just visiting a doctor :) I have no problem in providing bank statements with sufficient funds on it ( I worked like crazy and just needed a break badly!). You are totally right - explaining it all in a cover letter is the best thing. Do you have any idea where do I get this medical insurance from? :P
P.S. Hoping to get a job ASAP too:)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm

elena_86 wrote:Hello Forza, thanks for getting back to me. On 20 December 2015 will be exactly 5 years I first immigrated to the UK as a EU family member. Since that i always worked, and my ex husband did too ( before we got divorced). I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and stayed unemployed whole April, then I was overseas back home for 2 months, and came back 30.06 , since then still unemployed but looking for a job now. I can provide statements showing sufficient funds ( you think 14K savings is sufficient?), but i dont have a comprehensive medical insurance, and I wonder do I have to still get it ( if, say, I find a job asap)), and can i get cover back to April ( when I first become unemployed). I really wonder is 1-2 months of being unemployed that big deal? Don't people do break between the jobs :D
No worries. We all try to help each other here :) If I were you I would get a comprehensive medical insurance and keep it until you find a job. I do non think you can get an insurance which would cover the past unemployed period. If I were you I would definitely write a cover letter to HO explaining your situation including the short unemployed period when making the PR application. 1-2 months unemployment should not be a problem if you explain it well with a cover letter. Did you claim benefit or something during this period?[/quote]

Hello, Forza, thanks! I, of course, did not claim any benefits whatsoever, or anything like that. I used NHS services though, in May just visiting a doctor :) I have no problem in providing bank statements with sufficient funds on it ( I worked like crazy and just needed a break badly!). You are totally right - explaining it all in a cover letter is the best thing. Do you have any idea where do I get this medical insurance from? :P
P.S. Hoping to get a job ASAP too:)[/quote]

I hope you will get job ASAP :) Regarding the insurance, I mean there are plenty out there. I would go for the cheapest option available to be honest. Their coverage is pretty much the same. Check their policies before signing up any of them. Your 14K bank account sounds more than sufficient to me :) It's just a couple of months break. But get that insurance ASAP. It's very highly unlikley but perhaps there are some companies out there which would cover April period too :) nothing wrong with asking this to them.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

I hope you will get job ASAP :) Regarding the insurance, I mean there are plenty out there. I would go for the cheapest option available to be honest. Their coverage is pretty much the same. Check their policies before signing up any of them. Your 14K bank account sounds more than sufficient to me :) It's just a couple of months break. But get that insurance ASAP. It's very highly unlikley but perhaps there are some companies out there which would cover April period too :) nothing wrong with asking this to them.[/quote]

Great, thanks! My very last question to you (if you know it, of course) - I actually have got an annual InsureAndGo WORLDWIDE insurance certificate starting from 04 April 2015.
I got it for travel purposes, but I wonder - does it count to be a comprehensive medical cover ( the one HO asks for). I am really confused.com :D :/

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:00 pm

elena_86 wrote:I hope you will get job ASAP :) Regarding the insurance, I mean there are plenty out there. I would go for the cheapest option available to be honest. Their coverage is pretty much the same. Check their policies before signing up any of them. Your 14K bank account sounds more than sufficient to me :) It's just a couple of months break. But get that insurance ASAP. It's very highly unlikley but perhaps there are some companies out there which would cover April period too :) nothing wrong with asking this to them.
Great, thanks! My very last question to you (if you know it, of course) - I actually have got an annual InsureAndGo WORLDWIDE insurance certificate starting from 04 April 2015.
I got it for travel purposes, but I wonder - does it count to be a comprehensive medical cover ( the one HO asks for). I am really confused.com :D :/[/quote]

InsureAndGo WORLDWIDE travel insurance is not the same as comprehensive medical insurance. It does not count I am afraid. But do contact with your current insurance company ask them this. Perhaps they can upgrade your current policy or you can get a discount on comprehensive sickness insurance. I know how confusing it's - but do not hesitate to ask our share your situation on this forum as we are all here to exchange ideas and help each other.

gabipo
Newly Registered

Post by gabipo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
gabipo wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Has anyone applied in February/March period and received their PR recently?
Still Waiting :( :( :(
Same here. When did you apply for PR? March or February?
10 March PR Card for Non EU

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 am

Based on other applicants' timeline on other forums as well, I think late February, early March applicants receive their PR currently. I applied for PR 2 weeks after than you so fingers crossed! Keep updating us gabipo!

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:33 pm

I got it for travel purposes, but I wonder - does it count to be a comprehensive medical cover ( the one HO asks for). I am really confused.com :D :/[/quote]

InsureAndGo WORLDWIDE travel insurance is not the same as comprehensive medical insurance. It does not count I am afraid. But do contact with your current insurance company ask them this. Perhaps they can upgrade your current policy or you can get a discount on comprehensive sickness insurance. I know how confusing it's - but do not hesitate to ask our share your situation on this forum as we are all here to exchange ideas and help each other.

Hi Forza, many thanks for the great advice! will phone them, and keep posted on here. (Someone may encounter the same situation.. ). once again, thanks!

clacar
Newly Registered

Post by clacar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am

Hi Forza et al. :)
Yes I'm in the same frustrating situation as you - and I'm EU! I sent in my application in March, just before the biometrics came out, received confirmation on the 8th of April and still waiting! I didn't send in any photocopies, which I see from this thread would have been good. I'm especially shocked at the waiting time because for EU citizens it usually only takes a couple of months. I didn't really send in that much evidence, because I'm a PhD student and live with my British husband and parents-in-law, so I didn't have much in the way of bills etc. Anyway, so yeah that's the story! 4 months!

clacar
Newly Registered

Post by clacar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:05 am

Hi guys,
OMG, how bizarre! On the day I decide to finally write, I get the notification! 5 minutes ago. Now how weird is that. Anyway, for me it's bad news I'm afraid - I was unable to supply sufficient evidence of my residing in the UK for 5 years, so as a result my application was refused. It's not a biggy for me personally, as I don't need it to reside, - I was going to apply for naturalisation, but it wasn't to be for the moment. I wish everyone all the best with their applications and hopefully yours will come soon Forza and others!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:54 am

clacar wrote:Hi Forza et al. :)
Yes I'm in the same frustrating situation as you - and I'm EU! I sent in my application in March, just before the biometrics came out, received confirmation on the 8th of April and still waiting! I didn't send in any photocopies, which I see from this thread would have been good. I'm especially shocked at the waiting time because for EU citizens it usually only takes a couple of months. I didn't really send in that much evidence, because I'm a PhD student and live with my British husband and parents-in-law, so I didn't have much in the way of bills etc. Anyway, so yeah that's the story! 4 months!

We applied for PR almost same time. Your situation is a bit unusual as based on other EU applicants' experiences it normally takes up to 2 months to receive PR for EU citizens living in the UK.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:59 am

clacar wrote:Hi guys,
OMG, how bizarre! On the day I decide to finally write, I get the notification! 5 minutes ago. Now how weird is that. Anyway, for me it's bad news I'm afraid - I was unable to supply sufficient evidence of my residing in the UK for 5 years, so as a result my application was refused. It's not a biggy for me personally, as I don't need it to reside, - I was going to apply for naturalisation, but it wasn't to be for the moment. I wish everyone all the best with their applications and hopefully yours will come soon Forza and others!
Hi again clacar, really sorry to hear that. Thanks for your best wishes. It's really disappointing to get bad news after 4 months waiting time. Ridiculous :(

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 am

Forza_RC wrote:
Hi again clacar, really sorry to hear that. Thanks for your best wishes. It's really disappointing to get bad news after 4 months waiting time. Ridiculous :(
Forza but that means yours should be on the way very soon as you and clacar applied around the same time. This long waits shouldn't be allowed, I think the UK is the only eu country that takes so long to issue RC and PR cards, I'm waiting for 3 months and I'm already frustrated, i have a family holiday end of this month and i think i will ask for my passport back and travel with my expired RC and COA, You should have your PR this week Forza, my friend applied and it took exactly 3 months and a half, and their application wasn't so straight forward as they moved addresses and jobs a few times and even went self employed for 2 years. But they both got EU and non-EU partner got their PR after 14 weeks.

clacar
Newly Registered

Post by clacar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

Hi Forza,
Thanks for the note, yeah hopefully yours will be successful. Actually, not out of frustration, I've gone through the grounds for my refusal and it turns out that the lady who did my application was totally incapable.. I wonder if that was the reason that it took so long.. There are 5 mistakes, including the dates relevant to my application. Just to give you an idea that I'm not just writing this for fun: she got a person wrong, i.e. mistook someone for someone else who had given evidence of residence, the box I ticked for what the application was based on was wrong, there are two pieces of evidence missing from the list as to why I had evidence, (all flights and bank account) and she has written that I "applied" for Oxford on a certain date, whereas I had been "accepted" to Oxford on a certain date... So you get the idea. I think that was actually all of it, but it's a real joke!! So yeah hope you don't get the same person. Needless to say, because of this, I'll appeal (you have two weeks to do that), it costs 80 pounds though! Anyway, like I said, actually for me it isn't that that important, but imagine it was! And yeah it's going to cost me money and hassle, which I'm even wondering whether it's worth it for, because although she has made a mistake, I still would have to do a new English test for naturalisation (did toefl scored around 95% in all categories) and it costs over 1000 pounds for the application itself.. Yeah I sort of sent of my application because it seemed like a good idea, but didn't look into it I suppose, and then it took 4 months and a reply that is a mess. Wow. There we have it, so this morning I was waiting and beginning to wonder if my passport had got lost and now I'm writing on this forum about all of the misgivings! And I began the thread this morning!! What a laugh. OK all is well, over and out, I'll let you know what happened with the appeal, if I go ahead with it. Can I deal with more time? HMm maybe, but also maybe not. OK bye

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 am

sidcostas wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Forza but that means yours should be on the way very soon as you and clacar applied around the same time. This long waits shouldn't be allowed, I think the UK is the only eu country that takes so long to issue RC and PR cards, I'm waiting for 3 months and I'm already frustrated, i have a family holiday end of this month and i think i will ask for my passport back and travel with my expired RC and COA, You should have your PR this week Forza, my friend applied and it took exactly 3 months and a half, and their application wasn't so straight forward as they moved addresses and jobs a few times and even went self employed for 2 years. But they both got EU and non-EU partner got their PR after 14 weeks.
Hi sidcostas, yes I think so, fingers crossed! Same here with travel etc. I had to cancel all my business travels recently as I did not think it would take this long unfortunately.
I am happy to hear good news from your friend! My case is very straightforward actually (that's why I was expecting my PR at least last month) as I and my wife (EU citizen) are living in the same address and work for the same company since we moved to the UK.

Please share your experience with us if you request your passport back and travel abroad with your expired RC and entering back to the UK with COA.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:11 pm

clacar wrote:Hi Forza,
Thanks for the note, yeah hopefully yours will be successful. Actually, not out of frustration, I've gone through the grounds for my refusal and it turns out that the lady who did my application was totally incapable.. I wonder if that was the reason that it took so long.. There are 5 mistakes, including the dates relevant to my application. Just to give you an idea that I'm not just writing this for fun: she got a person wrong, i.e. mistook someone for someone else who had given evidence of residence, the box I ticked for what the application was based on was wrong, there are two pieces of evidence missing from the list as to why I had evidence, (all flights and bank account) and she has written that I "applied" for Oxford on a certain date, whereas I had been "accepted" to Oxford on a certain date... So you get the idea. I think that was actually all of it, but it's a real joke!! So yeah hope you don't get the same person. Needless to say, because of this, I'll appeal (you have two weeks to do that), it costs 80 pounds though! Anyway, like I said, actually for me it isn't that that important, but imagine it was! And yeah it's going to cost me money and hassle, which I'm even wondering whether it's worth it for, because although she has made a mistake, I still would have to do a new English test for naturalisation (did toefl scored around 95% in all categories) and it costs over 1000 pounds for the application itself.. Yeah I sort of sent of my application because it seemed like a good idea, but didn't look into it I suppose, and then it took 4 months and a reply that is a mess. Wow. There we have it, so this morning I was waiting and beginning to wonder if my passport had got lost and now I'm writing on this forum about all of the misgivings! And I began the thread this morning!! What a laugh. OK all is well, over and out, I'll let you know what happened with the appeal, if I go ahead with it. Can I deal with more time? Hmm maybe, but also maybe not. OK bye
Wow! That's absolutely ridiculous! Waste of time, effort and money and a lot of hassle! You should definitely appeal. I have read similar "incapable case worker" stories on different forums as well unfortunately - very frustrating seriously...
By the way - well done to you with Oxford! Sounds cool :)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:40 am

Good morning clacar,

A question to you (and perhaps other applicants who received their passports/PRs can answer too):
Did HO send your passport & documents back by special delivery? Did you sign? I'm not home most of the working hours and was wondering what happens if the courier cannot find anyone home? Do they leave a message to collect your package from a post office or courier?

clacar
Newly Registered

Post by clacar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Forza,
Didn't think I would write again sooo soon. Yes, the post arrives in a white a4 envelop and you have to sign for it. I was upstairs, so in fact my Mother-in-law signed for it and then rang our bell. (we live in a flat at the back of the house). So it appears to not be too strict. I had exactly the same questions as you, - I went to the post office last week and they told me that a card is left and you then go to your local post office and collect it if you're not at home. So you would definitely have got a card.
Oh thanks about Oxford :) Yeah that was really cool, it was only for a term, just finished, but it was beautiful. I was in Christ Church which is just gorgeous, I'm studying philosophy, so nice atmosphere too. I was lucky enough to get some funding to go, because otherwise it's expensive. I'm also living off funding for my phd, which is the really cool thing! :)
Yep really annoying with the case worker, though I'm sure your response will be different. I suppose if I were being strict with myself, I can see that the evidence I've supplied is weak, because well basically I was flying over to Germany to complete my studies and was living with my now husband and I began using his account - so bills etc in my name were very few. I mean I got quite a bit latterly, but to begin wtih 2010-11 was pretty much zero. So it's on good will really. I had read on the internet, which was the reason I ended up applying, that they have to give you the benefit of the doubt.. So yeah that was why I went ahead.
I've decided to appeal, but believe it or not, you have 2000 you know symbols or whatever which amounts to about a paragraph! To explain the problem... So yeah, I spent 3 hours on the online appeal and then ended up having to do the paper one. (I'm going to place an asterix and then refer to the two pages I've written). Still not finished.
Yes, your answer will arrive next week, I'm certain.
Cheers and all the best,
Clara (car is linked to my last name and I wasn't sure how careful I should be online :)

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Just an update,
I sent application form for document certifying permanent residence on 9th July, I did not receive any aknowledgement letters or e-mails, I sent only p60s covering period from 2005-2010, as proof of residence for that 2005-2010 period I only sent bank statements, I also did not remember the dates of absences from UK so only wrote that I do not remember but that my absences do not exceed the limit of days allowed, I also did not send anything proving my recent residence or activity, and so received my permanent residence card today.
I guess I got it easy :D

gabipo
Newly Registered

Post by gabipo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Hello Everyone! Just update :D :D :D :D
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15.
PR CARD RECEIVED ON PASSPORT TODAY 01/08/15 dated 30/07/15
Good luck every one waiting for thier cards

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:36 pm

mojo78 wrote:Just an update,
I sent application form for document certifying permanent residence on 9th July, I did not receive any aknowledgement letters or e-mails, I sent only p60s covering period from 2005-2010, as proof of residence for that 2005-2010 period I only sent bank statements, I also did not remember the dates of absences from UK so only wrote that I do not remember but that my absences do not exceed the limit of days allowed, I also did not send anything proving my recent residence or activity, and so received my permanent residence card today.
Really? You got your Pr in weeks. Are you EEA National?

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:37 pm

gabipo wrote:Hello Everyone! Just update :D :D :D :D
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15.
PR CARD RECEIVED ON PASSPORT TODAY 01/08/15 dated 30/07/15
Good luck every one waiting for thier cards
Congrats

mojo78

Post by mojo78 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Annebee wrote:

Yeah, I am EU national, I think because I didn't send too much of paperwork they did it faster.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:09 pm

mojo78 wrote:
Annebee wrote:

Yeah, I am EU national, I think because I didn't send too much of paperwork they did it faster.
On an average, it takes 2-4 weeks for EU national. Since, you are from A8 as mentioned in http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1212062 and registered with WRS, it was a straightforward application. Please do not misguide other prospective applicants saying "I didn't send too much of paperwork they did it faster". Non-EEA has to prove a lot more and EEA nationals coming post A8 era also need to do the same. Happy for you that you have received your permanent status.