ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in two weeks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashilondon
Newly Registered

ILR in two weeks

Post by Ashilondon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi All,

Long story short, I was given a police caution for a very silly thing three years ago. Two years ago I applied for the extension of my visa and successfully got it.

A few months ago I managed to get this caution removed and Met police sent a letter to me confirming this and also confirming I have a clean background now.

In two weeks time, I will be eligible to apply for ILR but not sure what the answer to "Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?" would be, considering:

1. I don't have a caution anymore
2. I mentioned in my previous visa application that I do have a caution

Appreciate if someone can go through my long question and shed some lights for me.

Thank you very much.

askhan

Re: ILR in two weeks

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 am

Ashilondon wrote:Hi All,

Long story short, I was given a police caution for a very silly thing three years ago. Two years ago I applied for the extension of my visa and successfully got it.

A few months ago I managed to get this caution removed and Met police sent a letter to me confirming this and also confirming I have a clean background now.

In two weeks time, I will be eligible to apply for ILR but not sure what the answer to "Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?" would be, considering:

1. I don't have a caution anymore
2. I mentioned in my previous visa application that I do have a caution

Appreciate if someone can go through my long question and shed some lights for me.

Thank you very much.

Hi Mate.

Please do mention them as you did before and also mention this coviction is now spent and attach the letter from MET.

Please do not hide.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:26 am

Hi

I am on the same situation was convicted (in may 2012) but i don't have letter from MET. I have done Basic Disclosure Scotland (results: application has no conviction for disclosure) and I also done CRB. Its not arrived yet. appointment end of this month.

Will this be ok? or should I get MET police letter too? I am mentioning my previous conviction in form in my criminal record section.

Thanks

askhan

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:52 am

KhanzadaKhan wrote:Hi

I am on the same situation was convicted (in may 2012) but i don't have letter from MET. I have done Basic Disclosure Scotland (results: application has no conviction for disclosure) and I also done CRB. Its not arrived yet. appointment end of this month.

Will this be ok? or should I get MET police letter too? I am mentioning my previous conviction in form in my criminal record section.

Thanks

Hi mate,

You should be OK too as it was done back in 2012, 24 months have been passed, just mentioned in the application and that it.

Thanks
Akbar
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Due in 4 weeks

Post by Raza.raja » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello every 1 I am new on this forum looking for some important information if you guys please can shed some light on it I will be applying for ilr on long residence (10 year )basis end of July I have passed esol level 2 in 2011 which has been used to obtain tier 1 general and tier 1 general extension now can it still be used to apply for ilr I have read on ukba website that it will be accepted by 5 November 2015 but then again read it somwhere online that these certificates are only valid for two years these certificates hasn't got expiry dates only shows the dates when the exams were taken looking forward to hear from you guys

Casa

Re: ILR Due in 4 weeks

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 am

Raza.raja wrote:Hello every 1 I am new on this forum looking for some important information if you guys please can shed some light on it I will be applying for ilr on long residence (10 year )basis end of July I have passed esol level 2 in 2011 which has been used to obtain tier 1 general and tier 1 general extension now can it still be used to apply for ilr I have read on ukba website that it will be accepted by 5 November 2015 but then again read it somwhere online that these certificates are only valid for two years these certificates hasn't got expiry dates only shows the dates when the exams were taken looking forward to hear from you guys
You need to post this in your own thread. Your question isn't relevant to this one.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ashilondon
Newly Registered

English requirement for ILR

Post by Ashilondon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I got my bachelors from a UK university. Does anyone know if the original certificate of my degree is sufficient to prove my english knowledge for ILR or a letter from NARIC is still necessary?

Thank you.

tungha1979
BANNED

Re: English requirement for ILR

Post by tungha1979 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:12 pm

UK degree is sufficient.