ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE) & Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tim18
Newly Registered

UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE) & Visa

Post by Tim18 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Condition:
Sponsor(Wife) : Nepali citizen with UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE) visa on her Nepali Passport.UK ILE valid till September 2016.Sponsor(wife) is doing full time job in UK since 2009 till present. Applicant(Husband): Nepali citizen.Applicant is having Dubai Residence visa (valid till September 2017) on Nepali passport and working in Dubai,U A E since 2008 till present.
Questions:
1)Which visa the applicant(husband) has to apply?please provide checklist and all application forms & rules links.
2) Is applicant(husband) allow to apply for UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?
3) Tuberculosis(TB) medical is required or not for applying UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?
4) which English language test is required for UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?

Casa

Re: UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE) & Visa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Tim18 wrote:Condition:
Sponsor(Wife) : Nepali citizen with UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE) visa on her Nepali Passport.UK ILE valid till September 2016.Sponsor(wife) is doing full time job in UK since 2009 till present. Applicant(Husband): Nepali citizen.Applicant is having Dubai Residence visa (valid till September 2017) on Nepali passport and working in Dubai,U A E since 2008 till present.
Questions:
1)Which visa the applicant(husband) has to apply?please provide checklist and all application forms & rules links.
2) Is applicant(husband) allow to apply for UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?
3) Tuberculosis(TB) medical is required or not for applying UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?
4) which English language test is required for UK spouse or settlement or joint family visa from Dubai,UAE ?
1. https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview VAF4a Read through the information and come back with specific questions. I don't think you can expect members to post all rules and checklist.
2. Yes
3. No
4. A1 level

Your wife must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or savings over £16,000 to make up any shortfall, in order to sponsor you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tim18
Newly Registered

ILE & P60

Post by Tim18 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:42 pm

sponsor(wife) is already having valid indefinite leave to enter(expire on 09 September 2016) so i guess she doesn't require BRP(biometric residence permit) right ?
Query:
1) How many months before she suppose to renew her indefinite leave to enter(ILE) prior to expiry ?
2) Does Indefinite Leave to Enter(ILE) carries the same entitlement as “Indefinite Leave to Remain” (ILR) ?
3)Is it necessary to transfer the UK Infinite Leave to enter(ILE)visa from old Nepali passport to new Nepali passport(Machine Readable i.e MRP) in order the applicant( husband,Nepali citizen) to apply for UK visa ?
4) Sponsor got the P60 (annual) total amount £18030 from 01 April 2014 to 30 April 2015, so we are planning not to show P60 of last year that shows amount less then £18600/-annual and will show only 6 months Bank statement from December 2014 to June 2015 because during this 6 months the minimum monthly salary was around £1,600/-(i.e £19,200 annually) Is this OK ?

vinny

Re: ILE & P60

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am

1. She may choose to apply for NTL in a new passport (see also 29). Perhaps necessary, if she applies for new employment.
2. Yes.
3. Probably no.
4. See also Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:12 am

thanks Vinny...
In case of Sponsor(wife) accommodation:
Sponsor(wife) is staying with her eldest sister's family in the rented house(3 bed room house) and there are total 5 members(including my wife) and late on 6 members when i(applicant) will be there in the house.
1)Is it legally allowed 6 members in 3 bed room house ?
2) Applicant (husband) required what documents from Sponsor side regarding accommodation ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:30 am

Thanks Vinny,

Need to know this before applying i know my visa will not be refused but just in case....
If UK spouse application is refused then within how many months can reapply for UK spouse visa from the date of application refused ?
Is there any time frame for reapplying UK spouse visa ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:56 am

You can re-apply straight away or appeal if you feel the refusal is unjust. Do bear in mind that as the property is rented, you will need a written letter from the landlord agreeing to you joining the household.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm

thanks casa

which are the forms i have to fill online and hand written to apply for UK spouse/settlement visa from Dubai, U A E ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Here's the link, the same as I posted previously;
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
(Casa, not CR001)

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 am

Gone through the your links
Applicant(Nepali citizen)
Applying UK spouse visa from Dubai, U A E.

Required Forms:
1) Application Form – VAF4A online (steps are register online,fill the vaf4 online,pay,submit and print). Is it required-Yes or No ?
2)PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013)FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM. This form is hand written.Is it required-Yes or No ?
3) Application Form – APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013)FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM: this form is hand written.Is it required-Yes or No ?
4) SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING Form SU07/12 from Sponsor(wife). Is it required-Yes or No ?

Tim18
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa forms and Bank statements

Post by Tim18 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Applicant(Nepali citizen)
Applying UK spouse visa from Dubai, U A E.

Required Forms:
1) Application Form – VAF4A online (steps are register online,fill the vaf4 online,pay,submit and print). Is it required-Yes or No ?
2)PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013)FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM. This form is hand written.Is it required-Yes or No ?
3) Application Form – APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013)FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM: this form is hand written.Is it required-Yes or No ?
4) SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING Form SU07/12 from Sponsor(wife). Is it required-Yes or No ?

Bank statement:
Is it necessary to submit 6 months bank statement from Applicant ?

Tim18
Newly Registered

English language & bank statement

Post by Tim18 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 am

For applying UK spouse visa, which English language test is required out of this three:
1) IELTS General Training
2) IELTS Life Skills A1
3) IELTS Life Skills B1

Applicant applying UK spouse visa from other than home country,Applicant(Nepali citizen) having valid Dubai Residence visa.
1) Does any documents required from applicant employer(Company) "
2) Does the 6 months bank statement required from applicant ?

Casa

Re: English language & bank statement

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:17 am

Tim18 wrote:For applying UK spouse visa, which English language test is required out of this three:
1) IELTS General Training
2) IELTS Life Skills A1
3) IELTS Life Skills B1
An up-to-date list (July 15) of approved tests and test centres;
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v5.0.pdf
Tim18 wrote:Applicant applying UK spouse visa from other than home country,Applicant(Nepali citizen) having valid Dubai Residence visa.
1) Does any documents required from applicant employer(Company) " Advisable to show employment
2) Does the 6 months bank statement required from applicant ?
No
(Casa, not CR001)

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:38 am

Bank Joint account name : applicant & sponsor(together) in one of the bank in Nepal.
Applicant wants to submit the bank joint account details to show one of the docs as proof of relationship between applicant and sponsor but applicant is in Dubai and joint account is in bank in Nepal, For UK spouse visa application, will it be possible to submit just the online print out of bank joint account details without bank stamp/signature ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:50 am

Unfortunately not.
(Casa, not CR001)

Tim18
Newly Registered

Post by Tim18 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:46 am

For Application Form – VAF4A online:

1) what is the validity of the online registration account?
2) Can we do edit of the details in VAF4A online, if so then can we keep it as it is for months and print out after final confirmation of the details?

Tim18
Newly Registered

criminal record

Post by Tim18 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Condition:
Applicant is having valid Dubai residence visa. Applicant is applying for UK spouse visa from other than native/home country.

Question:
1)Is the applicant applying for UK spouse visa is necessary to provide an overseas criminal record certificate?

Tim18
Newly Registered

28 days rules

Post by Tim18 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Applicant applying UK spouse visa from other than native/home country.

The 28 days rules is putting the applicant into confusion.

What are the actual documents that need to be within 28 days prior to the document submission date ?

Tim18
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by Tim18 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:08 am

Condition:
Applicant (Husband, Nepali) is applying for UK spouse visa from Dubai, U A E. Due to work in Dubai I (Applicant) can't travel to Nepal so I have requested Bank in Nepal to mail me the scanned copy of bank confirmation letter of our joint account (husband & wife).

Question:
1)Does UKVI will accept the scanned copy of bank confirmation letter of our joint account issued from bank in Nepal as one of the document as proof to show our relationship?

geriatrix

Re: criminal record

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:00 am

Applicant is having valid Dubai residence visa. Applicant is applying for UK spouse visa from other than native/home country.

Question:
1)Is the applicant applying for UK spouse visa is necessary to provide an overseas criminal record certificate?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Re: 28 days rules

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:01 am

Tim18 wrote:Applicant applying UK spouse visa from other than native/home country.

The 28 days rules is putting the applicant into confusion.

What are the actual documents that need to be within 28 days prior to the document submission date ?
As suggested before, read Appendix FM-SE.

geriatrix

Re: Spouse visa

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:02 am

Applicant (Husband, Nepali) is applying for UK spouse visa from Dubai, U A E. Due to work in Dubai I (Applicant) can't travel to Nepal so I have requested Bank in Nepal to mail me the scanned copy of bank confirmation letter of our joint account (husband & wife).

Question:
1)Does UKVI will accept the scanned copy of bank confirmation letter of our joint account issued from bank in Nepal as one of the document as proof to show our relationship?
Already answered.

Please keep your queries regarding your spouse visa application under this topic. Please don't create new topics for every question that you may have for this single application.

Tim18
Newly Registered

UK spouse visa (Cat A) checklist draft

Post by Tim18 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:12 am

Good day to every members..!!!
Could anyone please check the below checklist draft and let me know:

Is there any documents missing or any documents need to be remove from the list (do mention the part and point number).
Any suggestion will highly be appreciate.

Condition:
“Applicant is applying for UK Spouse Visa (Cat A) from other than native/home country”
Applicant (husband) a Nepali citizen, having valid Dubai residence visa (expire on September 2017), working in Dubai since 2008 till present.

Sponsor (wife) a Nepali citizen, having valid Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) in old Nepali passport expire on September 2016, working in UK since 2010 till present.

Applying for UK spouse visa(Cat A) from VFS Global, Dubai, U A E.

Checklist Draft:

PART (A) APPLICANT (HUSBAND)

1) Applicant’s Letter of Introduction
2) Application Form – VAF4A online (steps are register online, fill the vaf4 online, pay, submit and appointment confirmation online print)
3) Application Form – appendix 2 (VAF 4a December 2013) financial requirement form: this form is hand written
4) Immigration health surcharge (IHS) Number (i.e. NHS Payment Confirmation receipt and Priority Service Payment)
5) Nepali Passport (old and new passport)
6) Two color passport-sized photos
7) Biometrics Confirmations
8) English language tests (IELTS Life skills A1) pass certificate
9) Police report from Dubai Police
10) NOC Letter from current employer (company)
11) Employment Service certificate
12) Employment contract
11) Applicant 6 months Bank statements
12) Salary letter
13) Proposed flight itinerary to travel UK (not the confirmed ticket)
14) Certified English translated Nepali citizenship

PART (B) SPONSOR (WIFE)

1) Sponsor’s Letter of Introduction
2) Letter from sponsor’s parent's confirming legitimacy of our relationship
3) Notarized/Certified True Copy of Sponsor’s Nepali Passport Biometric Page (old & new)
4) Photo copies of all pages which contain any UK and other visas and endorsement including exit and entry stamps.
5) Copy of sponsor’s driving license
6) Original Birth Certificate
7) Sponsorship form SU07

PART (C) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (SALARIED EMPLOYMENT: CATEGORY A) FROM SPONSOR

1) 6 Months of Payslips (job #1) (signed by employer): Permanent Job since 2010 till present
2) 6 Months of Payslips (job #2) (signed by employer): Part time Job since 2014 till present
3) 6 Months of Bank Statements showing direct deposits from Job#1 and Job#2
4) Tax Returns P60 2014-2015 (original) & explanation note
5) Employment contract (signed by Manager)
6) A letter from sponsor’s employer on company letter headed paper-detailing the salary, job started date, Confirmation as Permanent Staff and the length of employment and Outlining Total Salary Earned.
7) Bank letter Confirming Sponsor’s Name, Details and Account Number, showing the account balance, the date when the account was opened.
8) Bank Credit Card 6 months Bills printout
9) Evidence that the sponsor can support without any help from public funds, cover letter / explanation letter

PART (D) PROOF OF SUFFICIENT ACCOMMODATION

1) Accommodation details (3 bedrooms rented property) with a supporting letter from the sponsor’s parent's (occupant) confirming that sponsor and applicant able to stay in their household.
2) Tenancy agreement
3) Electricity Bill (as a proof of address)
4) Photos of the room/accommodation where sponsor and applicant will live
5) Independent property inspection report to confirm there is no overcrowding.

PART (E) PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP: APPLICANT & SPONSOR

1) certified original Marriage Certificate in English.
2) Invitation Card for Wedding ceremony & Reception (English translated by Advocate)
3) Purchase Receipts of Wedding Rings & jewelries
4) Total 31 photos (Evidence both have met each other followed by Wedding ceremony & Reception, visited places) glued in A4 size paper with captions (when, where, who is in the photo, who took it, event).
5) Communication history starting from January 2012 till present: email Correspondences (8 pages), Skype logs (10 pages), whatsapp log (10 pages), Facebook chat (12 pages), no phone calls record.
6) Bank letter confirmation of having Joint account (applicant and sponsor) from Bank in Nepal: this bank letter crossed 28 days rule.
7) Flight itinerary details as evidence both have met each other (not going to include the whole ticket confirmed copies but just going to include an itinerary details in Excel sheet print out)
8) Receipts of Gifts Sent between Applicant & Sponsor

Tim18
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa

Post by Tim18 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:50 am

Could anyone please cross check the above checklist draft and provide the suggestion.

Need help desperately..