ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI originals not returned

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

satellite

OCI originals not returned

Post by satellite » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 am

Hi guys,

It's been more than 3 weeks now since I applied for OCI and VFS still haven't returned my original documents. They state that the Naturalisation certificate and everything should be returned within 10 working days, should I contact them or is it normal for the return of the documents to be delayed?

satellite

Re: OCI originals not returned

Post by satellite » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Anyone?

bqjt
Newly Registered

Post by bqjt » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:44 pm

I'm in the same boat as you are. Applied on 2 July and originals not received yet. online inquiry says Under Process. Applied at birmingham, and the VFS folks are saying that the documents are with consulate and they have no control over it. I wonder if the Indian embassy / consulate guys are super busy.

satellite

Post by satellite » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:10 pm

bqjt wrote:I'm in the same boat as you are. Applied on 2 July and originals not received yet. online inquiry says Under Process. Applied at birmingham, and the VFS folks are saying that the documents are with consulate and they have no control over it. I wonder if the Indian embassy / consulate guys are super busy.
I rang up yesterday and I was told that they haven't opened any OCI new applications since mid June as they've been very busy. I wonder how long it will be before they start processing the June/July applications.

bqjt
Newly Registered

Post by bqjt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm

I received the originals on 11 August. Did you receive them too ? Online status still shows under process. Its 6th week running now.

satellite

Post by satellite » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:10 am

No I still haven't received them, maybe next week. It will still show Under Process on their tracking as it doesn't update till your OCI's been printed it India. I think it will be 3 weeks now till your OCI gets printed in India, then another week till it's received in HCI London. What was your date of acknowldgement on the tracking?

bqjt
Newly Registered

Post by bqjt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm

2 July. How about yours ?

satellite

Post by satellite » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:21 am

My date of acknowledgement was 7th July, I just received my originals right now. Unfortunately they want more evidence which I don't have so I'll have to forget about my OCI and ask for a refund.

bahla
Newly Registered

Post by bahla » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:05 pm

satellite wrote:My date of acknowledgement was 7th July, I just received my originals right now. Unfortunately they want more evidence which I don't have so I'll have to forget about my OCI and ask for a refund.
Sorry to hear about that. What further evidence did they want? It may be useful for others who are applying and in a similar situation to know.

satellite

Post by satellite » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Basically my father's Indian passport wasn't returned after naturalisation in 1966 as they used to get sent to the HCI London directly. So we applied using a notarised affidavit + school certificate. We also had a letter from the Home Office confirming that my father's Indian passport was sent to the HCI London in 1968 but was told that this wasn't necessary at the time of submitting.

Now they're asking for an affidavit that states the Indian Passport number + a copy of his first British passport after naturalisation. We have his first British passport but not his Indian passport number. The CGI Birmingham office told me that if I sent the letter from the home office which confirmed that his Indian passport wasn't returned to him, then they may be able to consider the application.

I guess this info may come in useful for applicants who've never had their Indian passports returned to them in the 1960's. Some people generally have their old Indian Passport number written on the Home Office letter but unfortunately we don't.

bahla
Newly Registered

Post by bahla » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 pm

satellite wrote:The CGI Birmingham office told me that if I sent the letter from the home office which confirmed that his Indian passport wasn't returned to him, then they may be able to consider the application.

I guess this info may come in useful for applicants who've never had their Indian passports returned to them in the 1960's. Some people generally have their old Indian Passport number written on the Home Office letter but unfortunately we don't.
I think it's worth sending them the letter from the Home Office (plus a self-attested copy), even if doesn't have the Indian passport number written on it. The letter will probably be dated and will probably have your father's name written on it. To me, this should be reasonable evidence that your father surrendered his passport back in 1968.

I doubt anyone at the CGI Birmingham actually requests someone in India to check old passports issued in India in the 1950s/60s.

Best wishes.

satellite

Post by satellite » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks yes I went into the VFS centre yesterday and gave them the letter from the Home Office, they only accepted a self attested photocopy. I also supplied them with my father's parents Indian passports (both are deceased now) however they only accepted photocopies of them too. I think you're right, I doubt the offices in India even have records of the passport numbers issued back in the 50's/60's anyway. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks for your reply :)