ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stanakines

Irish Passport

Post by stanakines » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:44 am

Hi everyone

Once again my congratulation to the new Irish Irish Citizens .

I guess the next step after the certificate is usually the new andshiny Irish Passport.

A solicitor during the ceremony said that the weeks to come will be pretty busy but I don't want to leave any chance I'll apply Asap.

Something troubles me though I notice that they ask for two I'd for first timer . I just have my old passport and nothing else hopefully it's gonna be Ok .

DiegoUK

Re: Irish Passport

Post by DiegoUK » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:15 am

Indeed, congrats everyone!

I've looked, but only see it asking for one form of ID, such as a drivers license, original passport, etc. Maybe I'm missing something you're seeing?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... king-days/#

tuesday13

Post by tuesday13 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Wording on yellow page that was included with Naturalisation Certificate was wrong, that`s why confusion.
On that page it says:A copy of your original driving licence or your college ID original social club membership and your original passport from country of origin..

It should be:

:A copy of your original driving licence or your college ID original social club membership or your original passport from country of origin..

DFA confirms that you need only ONE ID

Photo ID
A certified copy of your photo identification, such as your driver’s licence, or the original copy of your passport from another country or your college identification card.

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot guys

What a relief, one word can change everything .So I guess what is necessary is to take a copy of your passport including the expiry date.

I'll start my file tomorrow and hopefully I'll get my passport Asap .

DiegoUK

Post by DiegoUK » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:49 pm

You're welcome. Personally, I'm in no great rush as I'm not going anywhere. I'll apply in a couple weeks.

Post by 110 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 pm

If you are first time applicant you need the following

Supporting documents you need to include
Page 4 of 5

You need to include these documents when you’re making your passport application.

Photos
Four passport photographs, two of which must be witnessed.

Naturalisation certificate
Your original naturalisation certificate.

Passport
Your passport from your country of origin.

Birth and marriage certificates
Your original long-form birth certificate and your original civil marriage certificate (if you’ve changed your surname).

If these documents are not in English, you must also submit a certified English version of the originals, translated by a registered translator.

We may also ask you to have your original birth and marriage certificates authenticated by an Embassy or Consulate of the country who issued them.

Photo ID
A certified copy of your photo identification, such as your driver’s licence, or the original copy of your passport from another country or your college identification card.

You can get it certified by the person who witnesses your application form.

Proof of name
An original document showing proof of your name, such as a pay slip, college registration correspondence or social welfare receipts.

Proof of address
An original document showing proof of your address, such as a utility bill, bank statement or official correspondence from a public or private sector organisation.

Remember…
Your proof of name and proof of address can’t be covered by the same document.

Read all sections of your passport application form to make sure you’ve filled it out correctly, including photo requirements and how to get it witnessed properly.

tuesday13

Post by tuesday13 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm

THANK YOU 110 !!!

Hanjeong
Newly Registered

Post by Hanjeong » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 am

Would anyone knoe if even I don't have an emergency, but have a ticket booked for the 3rd week of August will I be eligible to apply for a speedy passport if I'm more than willing to pay the higher fee? The website says that the passport turnaround time is 14/15 days (which would be fine), but the passport office rep at the ceremony said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to process an application. Which should I believe?

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am

"speedy passport" is only available for renewals, not first time applications.

Hanjeong
Newly Registered

Post by Hanjeong » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:23 am

Beachboy wrote:"speedy passport" is only available for renewals, not first time applications.

Thank you very much for you reply.

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:34 pm

I really don't understand why some people want it to happen so soon. They apply and they are on the forum same day...I mean its ok if you have any question regarding application but whats the fuss after application. Just wait and see. Or I would say forget about it for the time being...Then then get the 2nd stage letter and start counting weeks...I mean comon..Its naturalization...they need time to make decisions...Some concern is understandable but some of them crazy behaviours and post...Ok they got the approval and certificate and then they want the passport next day.. Whats the point in that..if that passport would be lieing in useless for months in drawers....I really dont understand these insane behaiours...

*** The last couple of lines above does not apply to the people in real need.

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks for your answer guys, i appreciate it. Okidokie nobody ask you to understand "some" people, of course this forum serves its purposes of helping others fine until now but how people handle their processing times is none our concern. all we can do is to provide them with the adequate moral and advice necessary as we went through the same process. Also i didn't see any crazy behaviors on this particular tread as you mention and its would be good if its keeps that way.

Good days to you all

singh07

Post by singh07 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:54 am

hy guys i think i made a mistake by sending a laminated original birth cert do you guys think will be a problem...

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 am

Singh

I think I made a mistake too I sent my certified version of birth certificate as it's not in English and only my passport and not a certified copy of it it's very confusing, hopefully it's gonna be fine.

singh07

Post by singh07 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:52 pm

lets hope everything will be good

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi guys

How's your application is going, it's seems like the process is going through 6 stages.

Mine is at stage 2 since last week and it's say on the website that it's remains on stage 1 or 2 for the most process when it's busy.

Let's us know about your cases.

tuesday13

Post by tuesday13 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Got to be patient.
It`s professional service and the way is done it`s probably one of the best in the world.
Give credit when due and appreciate things that you will not see in many countries around the globe.
Anyone applying can check his/hers application @ ( guess you aware of it).
https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... -passport/
It does not take long.
RELAX.

singh07

Post by singh07 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

any one any updates guys me and my friend still on stage 2

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Same here Singh, the only difference is I received a letter that I missed this Friday it's in the depot now and I am wondering if it's not my file they're sending back cause I just sent my certified birth certificate rather than the original. Thing is I still see my update on the page I am at stage 2.

tuesday13

Post by tuesday13 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

If there is a problem with documents they will contact you.
It`s busiest time of the year , on top of that 100`s if not 1000`s of new first time applications
which take longer to process as per DFA.
This is my last post on this subject because some people have nothing better to do
then to whine and whine rather than read and take it in.

"PLEASE NOTE THE ISSUE DATE OF YOUR PASSPORT IS A TARGET ISSUE DATE AND NOT A GUARANTEED DATE.

DURING PEAK SEASON APPLICATIONS OFTEN REMAIN AT STAGES 1 & 2 FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE PROCESS. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR APPLICATION. THE AVERAGE TIME GIVEN BETWEEN STAGES VARIES DEPENDING ON THE VOLUMES OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. THE REMAINING STAGES (3-6) TEND TO HAPPEN IN QUICK SUCCESSION AT THE END OF THE PROCESS."

kazy78
Newly Registered

Post by kazy78 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:28 pm

None

Kunsky

Post by Kunsky » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 am

Hi All,

Please see below update on my passport application.

Application No. xxxxxxxxxxxxx is at Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed.

Your Passport has been printed. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.

Target Issue Date:
10/08/2015

Website Last Updated:
05/08/2015 at 07:45

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:38 am

Kunsky wrote:Hi All,

Please see below update on my passport application.

Application No. xxxxxxxxxxxxx is at Stage 5 of 6: Your Passport has been Printed.

Your Passport has been printed. The production and posting stage takes about 2 working days.

Target Issue Date:
10/08/2015

Website Last Updated:
05/08/2015 at 07:45
Thanks for sharing!

My wife applied on the same date and Her application is still at Stage 3. I guess here aswell it depends on how fast the person dealing with your application :D

singh07

Post by singh07 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 am

applied on 20th and recieved on 21st
passport is on 5th stage..
hopefully friday

Liams
Newly Registered

Post by Liams » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:30 am

The Irish Passport service has to be the worst service I have ever come across. I applied for passports for my children at the beginning of April, at the Canberra office in Australia I am Irish by birth my children Australian I received a letter from them asking for my long birth certificate as I had sent the short form what difference this makes I don't know. I have contacted them numerous times, the reply I get is they are being processed. It is now August still no passports If I knew it was going to be like this I would not have wasted my money. Will not be renewing my Irish passport when it is due not worth the trouble for what you get from it.