ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for work while waiting for EU acknowledgement letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TomasG
Newly Registered

Looking for work while waiting for EU acknowledgement letter

Post by TomasG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and in great need of everyone's advice. So 5 weeks ago I sent my EU1 application and still haven't receieved the ack letter for the temporary stamp 4EU. I have an interview in 2 days. I was wondering if I can go on the interview? If I get the job is it possible for me to start work while waiting for the back letter. By the way a little about me :P :
American with British wife excercing treaty rights in Dublin.
My wife has been working this whole time but I feel horrible that she s working so hard to keep us afloat.
With me working everything would be great
Hope to hear from you fine people soon :D thank you in advance

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Re: Looking for work while waiting for EU acknowledgement le

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Nothing stops you from attending interviews and explaining that a letter confirming your right of employment will be provided in due course, subject to your application going into the next round of selection or a straight job offer. From my experience, the whole bunch hates the guts of 'immediate issue of Certificate of Acknowledgement' making the life of family members harder.

TomasG
Newly Registered

Post by TomasG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Thank you a.s.b.o. for your reply. Yeah its so stressing waiting on this acknowledgement letter especially because I am the bread winner. But I am glad to hear that I can go on interviews. If I get the job which I believe I will, what do I do then? Do I begin the job or will I have to pass on the job offer. I read somewhere that if a spouse is exercising their treaty rights by working and living in a member state (Dublin, Ireland) that the non EU spouse can also work and live in that member state. Is this true?

benfares

Post by benfares » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi Tomasg

Its a bit strange seen as your American and 5 weeks and no reply, my husband is from Morocco he got his letter within 3 weeks. Email eu treaty rights am sure they will give you an update because I did that.

TomasG
Newly Registered

Post by TomasG » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey benfares,
Yea I did send them an email at eutreatyrights@justice.ie but all I got back was an automatic response :

"Applications are processed in chronological order. Due to the large volume
of applications on hand, it may take a further 6-8 weeks before a response
is issued from this office. Once your documents have been processed, they
will be returned to you and any outstanding documents will be requested."

Which I believe to be such BS! So does this mean I have to wait 3 more weeks? :(. Should I send them another email this week?

benfares

Post by benfares » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Yes you should I kind of pestered them and I received an email saying they will let my husband know in 10 working days. Keep emailing them you should get a response