ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage possible?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

therock
Member of Standing

Mortgage possible?

Post by therock » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi Guys...
I wanted to know if I can get a mortgage on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I am self employed and have 1 years of accounts.

Here is my story:

Halifax: OK but needs 2 years of accounts
Lloyds: No
HSBC: No
Precise Mortgages: Everything good but needs ILR

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mortgage possible?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Not sure if you would qualify and probably depends on your financial circumstances, size of your deposit and how long you have been resident in the UK. I doubt you would get a very good rate as you are not settled.

Have a read through this link Recommended Mortgage Broker for Tier 1 Visa Holders (Click) which was posted last year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momi

Post by Momi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

I got mortgage offer some days ago and now waiting for completion date. It is possible but you need at least 25% deposit (sometimes up to 45% if credit history is not good) and 2 years visa.
If you are taking wages from your business and paying full taxes then there will be no problem even you have one year accounts.
I got lowest interest rate which is rare.
therock wrote:Hi Guys...
I wanted to know if I can get a mortgage on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I am self employed and have 1 years of accounts.

Here is my story:

Halifax: OK but needs 2 years of accounts
Lloyds: No
HSBC: No
Precise Mortgages: Everything good but needs ILR

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Please remember this is an "immigration forum". Please google for forums / information and help about "mortgages".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!