ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as a dependant Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Violisa
Newly Registered

Applying as a dependant Tier 1 visa

Post by Violisa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 am

Hi everyone,
I'm preparing to apply as a dependant on my fiancé's Tier 1 visa (we are both Australian) but I'm a bit nervous about being able to prove the 'subsisting relationship' requirement.
Basically, we have been boarders together in London for 3 years (and have been dating for 7 years) but we don't have a rental agreement or utility bills. We have had a shared bank account for about 6 months, and I have kept all our receipts from our landlady, so we are thinking to provide:
All receipts from the last 3 years that have both our names on it.
A letter from our landlady confirming the receipts and that we have been living there.
Our shared account bank statement (even though it is only 6 months old).
Letters addressed to us individually.
A letter from a mutual friend (owner of a UK charity) who has known us for years and can confirm our relationship.
Photos from the past 7 years.
Call logs, texts, and emails proving constant contact.

Would this be an acceptable application?
Thanks in advance for your advice!

Shah1234

Re: Applying as a dependant Tier 1 visa

Post by Shah1234 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:34 pm

You can apply for T1 General dependant visa only for your legal partner i.e. you need to be either married . You will then require a marriage certificate to prove the relationship.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Shah1234 wrote:You can apply for T1 General dependant visa only for your legal partner i.e. you need to be either married . You will then require a marriage certificate to prove the relationship.
One can apply as an unmarried partner but one needs to provide documentary evidence(s) to prove that the applicant and the principal migrant have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least 2 years.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shah1234

Post by Shah1234 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:04 pm

@sushdmehta- Thanks for correcting me.