ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 (from outside UK)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skyler
Newly Registered

Tier 5 (from outside UK)

Post by skyler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:58 am

Hi.

I was a student under Tier 4 (Scholarship) student visa. My scholarship covered both tuition fees and living expenses. Upon graduation, I took a gap year and went back home. Now, I intend to come back to the UK to complete a training course via the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange route. It has been more than 12 months since I left the UK, and I will be making the Tier 5 visa application from my home country.

As far as I know, students, who were on full scholarship for the past 12 months, who wish to switch from a Tier 4 to Tier 5/ Tier 2 visa from within the UK require the letter of consent from the scholarship provider to remain in the UK.

My question is, since I am already off that scholarship and not on any scholarship/financial aid for the past 12 months, plus I will be applying from outside the UK, would the UKVI still need the letter of permission for re-entry from my Tier 4 scholarship provider?

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

The Station Agent

Re: Will I need letter of consent for re-entry.

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 pm

If you're applying from outside the UK you are not 'switching'. So you wouldn't need any letter from the old tier 4 organisation. Switching is changing status within the UK.

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:12 am

The Station Agent wrote:If you're applying from outside the UK you are not 'switching'. So you wouldn't need any letter from the old tier 4 organisation. Switching is changing status within the UK.
Thank you for your reply. Though they won't need the letter, would they possibly ask if I have permission to enter the UK during my visa appointment? If they do, and I do not have the letter, would my visa be refused?

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:15 pm

The permission to enter the UK is the Tier 5 visa you'll be applying for in your home country.

They don't ask "Have you already got this visa" when you're applying for that visa, ergo your question is answered. You are suggesting they will refuse your visa application because you don't already have the visa. Think about it..................

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:15 am

The Station Agent wrote:The permission to enter the UK is the Tier 5 visa you'll be applying for in your home country.

They don't ask "Have you already got this visa" when you're applying for that visa, ergo your question is answered. You are suggesting they will refuse your visa application because you don't already have the visa. Think about it..................
Hi, sorry, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. By 'permission to enter the UK', I meant the permission from my scholarship provider, not the UKVI. I am just wondering if they might think that I am still bonded to the scholarship provider that funded my studies, and whether I have a permission from my scholarship provider to leave my home country and work in another country. Would the people at the visa centre probably probe into these?

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:43 am

No. Your new visa app will be assessed on whether you qualify for it or not.

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 am

The Station Agent wrote:No. Your new visa app will be assessed on whether you qualify for it or not.

Alright, thank you so much. :D

skyler
Newly Registered

Tier 5 (from outside UK): When to find UK accommodation?

Post by skyler » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:48 am

Hello,

I will be applying for a work visa from my home country and I would like to know when I am supposed to settle my UK accommodation.

Is it before or after visa application/approval? If it's the latter, could I possibly settle it before, since I will be in the UK as a visitor shortly before I get home for visa application?

Thank you in advance.

geriatrix

Re: Tier 5 (from outside UK)

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Topics merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello, I already got my CoS and I am just starting to apply for my visa.

There is very little time now between my visa submission and my work start date. My question is, should the work start date have to be postponed due to my visa not being ready by the original date (original date being the date printed on the CoS), would I need a new CoS?

Please enlighten, thanks!!

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Your work start date on the CoS is an intended date - if you don't get here until later due to visa delays that's fine - you don't need a new CoS. If everyone issued a new CoS when someone's visa app got held up there would be twice as many CoS in circulation. The sponsor should keep a note of it to meet their sponsor duties, and get a copy of your visa once you get it.

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 am

I see, thank you for your reply.

I have another question regarding the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). According to the guidance by GOV.UK on https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... eed-to-pay, I am supposed to pay as I am a national outside the EEA and I am applying for a >6months temporary work visa.

However, when I reached the payment page, the amount that I had been charged with was USD 0, which means I was not required to pay anything! Nevertheless, I was given an IHS number.

I proceeded to pay for my visa application and now, my application has been confirmed.

Have I missed something here? Please advise, thank you.

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:02 am

OK, with some Googling, I realised that this happened because I entered the issued date and expiry date of my CoS instead of my work start and end dates.

How can I make amends now?

Please advice, thank you.

skyler
Newly Registered

Post by skyler » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:48 am

Hi, my visa decision was made after my proposed work start date has passed, so I had to postpone the original work start date to a later date (a week+ later). This means, my new work end date will be a week+ past my visa 'valid until' date.

I understand that I can only work until the 'valid until' date, this also means that I won't be able to fulfil my employment contract. How do I go about this? Is there a possibility to extend the visa for a week or two?

Thank you.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:33 am

No, you'd need to apply for an extension of stay, which is massively bureaucratic, complex and would cost at least the £225 fee plus half a day out of your life to stand in a Home Office Public Enquiry Office. Filling in the form will have you pulling your hair out, getting a PEO appointment ditto.