ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement - Tier One (General) Lost Prior Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeff83nz
Newly Registered

Settlement - Tier One (General) Lost Prior Passport

Post by jeff83nz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi

I shall be attending my in person application for settlement under tier one general set of rules (SET(O) form).

In the process of my application I realised my previous passport which I had used up until this year (i.e. 2010 - 2014) had gone missing, and I have been unable to locate it anywhere. It is unfortunately 100% gone :(

I immediately made a SAR application on knowing which I have a tracking receipt saying was received on 22 July, however they have only written confirming receipt on 31 July, and thus I have little faith that I will receive that information in time (I will be going to Croydon on 24 August).

I have the exact dates I have been in and out of the country in the last five years, which are all well within the requirements and a healthy chunk of the boarding passes. Further I have been in full time employment which would actually mean being out of the country would be breaking my employment terms as I do not have that much leave!

But I don't have the stamps, and I am unlikely to get more than confirmation of my employment from my previous employer from Nov 2010 to July 2013 (I have been trying).

Is this an issue? I greatly appreciate your help.

Jeff

geriatrix

Re: Settlement - Tier One (General) Lost Prior Passport

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 pm

I have the exact dates I have been in and out of the country in the last five years
That's what you need to fill the form.

Have you reported the passport stolen? Do you have a report number?
You will need that to explain why previous passport(s) have not been included in the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jeff83nz
Newly Registered

Post by jeff83nz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 am

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply. I will have a police report (popping down to the local station enroute home tonight) which will be included.

My concern lies on the lack of proof those are the only dates I am out of the country and my old work not providing any form of confirmation.

Jeff

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am

Well, what can you do? A usual outcome when a passport gets lost / stolen.
The good thing is that you know the dates of absences. Most don't!!

Hopefully, Home Office will have records of your entry in the UK, they will match what you mention in the form, and everything will be fine.

No point in getting stressed (more than you already are)!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!