ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving Uk volnteerly

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sha373

Leaving Uk volnteerly

Post by sha373 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi, one of my frend got refuse his 2nd tier 1 extension and willing to leave uk

just wonder to know, is there any way he can claim his tax and/or NI back. As some one told him as he is leaving uk permanently he can claim this.Please advise tahnxx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Leaving Uk volnteerly

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:55 pm

sha373 wrote:Hi, one of my frend got refuse his 2nd tier 1 extension and willing to leave uk

just wonder to know, is there any way he can claim his tax and/or NI back. As some one told him as he is leaving uk permanently he can claim this.Please advise tahnxx
Only that which he might have overpaid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:53 am

i think you can claim back all NI based on various posts i have seen so far in other forums, and i am sure based on responses there that you can claim back all. I tried searching info i government website but no success
you should contact accountant or HMRC to get correct information and procedure.

BTW why your friend got extension refused? is there no way to get it extended still?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:05 am

abhisheks9 wrote:i think you can claim back all NI based on various posts i have seen so far in other forums, and i am sure based on responses there that you can claim back all. I tried searching info i government website but no success
you should contact accountant or HMRC to get correct information and procedure.

BTW why your friend got extension refused? is there no way to get it extended still?
I can't see HMRC being so generous nowadays, over the last few years they've screwed things down a tight as Scotsman's grip on fiver....
Can I get a refund of National Insurance contributions (NIC) paid in the UK?

It is not usually possible to get a refund of NIC, but it might be possible to have them taken into account when determining eligibility for state benefits in another country. This is likely to be the case if the other country is within the European Economic Area or is a country that has a social security agreement with the UK. You may be entitled to benefits from the UK when you retire if you have paid NIC in the UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 pm

This link advises international students leaving the UK how to claim back taxes. I presume that the procedure for immigrants permanently leaving the UK will be similar.