ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Seabee23
Newly Registered

Applying for British Passport

Post by Seabee23 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:31 pm

My question is what documentation would be needed for applying for a British Passport.
I was born in England, my mother was a British Citizen who married an American Military Man (my dad). As far as I understood I had dual citizenship without a British Passport but an American one. I have my birth certificate but have no idea where my mother is (could be alive or dead, I don't know) have not seen her in 35 years. My father just passed and not sure where to go from here.
I have family in the U.K.
Thank You

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 pm

What year were your born?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 pm

you are British citizen because you was born in the UK before 1983 and of course because your mother is British. anyway you need to present your birth certificate, your parents's marriage certificate and your parents's ID as a support documents for your application. But what I understood now is you do not know where is you mother now and of course you will not be able to present her ID so I hope someone from the experts here will help you, or you can contact the British Consulate in your country to ask them about this issue.
British Citizen

Seabee23
Newly Registered

Post by Seabee23 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:52 pm

I was born 1968 and thank you for the quick reply. Documents may be a bit sticky but hope it will go well.
Thanks again Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm

You can buy the documents (birth and marriage certificates) from the gro.gov webiste and they will post certified extracts to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.