ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 hrs stay at Heathrow - Can I apply for 12 hrs visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jag20
Newly Registered

12 hrs stay at Heathrow - Can I apply for 12 hrs visa?

Post by jag20 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi,

One of my very good friend is flying to new york from Dubai with his other half, they have 12 hrs stay at Heathrow, can they come out in those 12 hrs or get a temp visa from the airport?

if they can, could some one please guide me how?

Alternatively if they can't, any chance I can meet them at the airport in those hours?

Need an expert advise please?

J x

vinny

Re: 12 hrs stay at Heathrow - Can I apply for 12 hrs visa?

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:21 pm

He may apply for a transit visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shah1234

Post by Shah1234 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 am

In January this year, my brother was travelling from Mumbai to NYC and had similar 12-13 hours stay in UK overnight. He simply approached the BA Airline staff at the airport and told them that if they can arrange a visa for him so that he can sleep well in a hotel, rather than staying at the airport.

They then referred him to the immigration office who issued him a UK transit visa (valid for 24 hours) without any cost in just 30 minutes. However, he was only allowed to take his hand luggage with him as the check-in luggage ofcourse will be with the airline as it would be transited.

Hope this helps.

jag20
Newly Registered

Post by jag20 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Shah1234 wrote:In January this year, my brother was travelling from Mumbai to NYC and had similar 12-13 hours stay in UK overnight. He simply approached the BA Airline staff at the airport and told them that if they can arrange a visa for him so that he can sleep well in a hotel, rather than staying at the airport.

They then referred him to the immigration office who issued him a UK transit visa (valid for 24 hours) without any cost in just 30 minutes. However, he was only allowed to take his hand luggage with him as the check-in luggage ofcourse will be with the airline as it would be transited.

Hope this helps.
That's very helpful.

Thanks
J x