ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused on the basis of generic answer to Question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gsa
Newly Registered

Visa Refused on the basis of generic answer to Question

Post by gsa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Dear All,

I applied last year in December for January session but visa got refused and then I win administrative review in Feb. I changed my mind during that time and pursued for different course in different university. My previous university was kingston and my course was MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences. Now my new course is MSc for Overseas Pharmacists in Aston University.

The ECO awarded me full points for every attribute, but in comments he stated that he is refusing visa based on interview. Following are his major points:

1. During the interview you stated that you wish to pursue above course and you have done Bachelors in Law in 2011.
2. You stated you want to do the course as you want to increase employbility in Pakistan. In the response of the question how do you think that above course will help to achieve your goals post study you said "I want to do job in university as Lecturer and requirement these days is Masters and Master from UK university compare to my own country university will increase employbility". The answer you have given is very generic and don't contain the evidence of research.
3. You were for the child care facilities for your child you responded that childcare cost is around £3 per hour and an open search reveal that Aston university nursery is charging per month not per hour and rate is also different.

Now my answer for the first one is that I have done DPharm(Doctor of Pharmacy) not Bachelors in Law and my chosen course is the extension study of my previous degree which is genuinely relevant.
For the second objection HEC in Pakistan is preferring Oversease degree over degree from Pakistan and the evidences are clear from their job postings. And it is very much clear after hearing to other candidates who applied for jobs that success rate for Pakistani masters holder as compare to foriegn Masters holder is 10:90.
For the third one I have applied for my husband solely for this purpose. and ECO said that husband is not carer of child and I was shocked to hear that. I just has generic idea that cost is around £3 per hour as my sister is currently paying same amount for her two kids to childminder. I have researched child minders and nurseries who are flexible in terms of hours and sessions and found loads of places proving my statement. To be honest I was not prepare for the question and I just replied on my knowledge at that time. Secondly why husband can't care for child whereas in UK fathers can now share maternity leave with mothers to take care of child.

I need help on my case. Please help me in this issue.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Refused on the basis of generic answer to Question

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:52 am

Contact the International Student Adviser at your university. That's their job to advise on students' visa refusals and your options now.

http://www.aston.ac.uk/current-students/hub/iss/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gsa
Newly Registered

Post by gsa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks Sah for your response. I have queried Aston and they will response shortly. I have few more concerns about dependents:

1. My dependents visa also refused because of mine refusal. What I should do with their applications? Should I go for appeal ? If yes then how much time it takes for result?

2. Or should I make fresh application for my dependents after my visa stamped?

3. In either case ,can dependent visa be on time i.e prior to my start course date? I have 2 year old baby that is why much worried about my case. I cannot travel alone without my baby.

I will really appreciate for the guidance.

Thanks in Advance

Ali Shah107
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Shah107 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:26 am

Dear Friends , I got my Tier 4 Study Visa Refused on 10 Aug 2015 by saying under 245zv(k) para that you are not a genuine student.
He added very baseless reasons , moreover he did not conducted my interview in a proper and clear manner, that I also did mention to him in the end . I just want to know that is their any possibility that my case will be dealt on fair basis if I go for Administrative Review ? . MY Time has already been wasted and I just had to complete my MSC international business Management course. What should I do now ? even If I refute their decision with proper arguments, will they consider it ? or just upheld the current decision of ECO which is not correct by any mean , I beleive.?? guyz I want suggestions and I also want to know that how can I generate new post regarding my case ??
My course start date is september 20 2015 , what should i do if i go for AR , is there any chances that they issued my visa within the time frame ? or should I with draw my paid fees ?

anniej
Newly Registered

Post by anniej » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:04 pm

What 'baseless' reasons have been provided for the rejection? You need to give more details.

Ali Shah107
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Shah107 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Dear @annieg

The reason he give that :

Q) How much forcast/estimation you have made about your cost during your proposed course of study??

Ans) when I reply 9000 , 10000 or even 11000 GBP , it varies , although I have provided my bank statement regarding funds available to me, i have more than sufficient funds available and I have no issue regardig cost, then He further ask break the given amounts how you will manage ?? Now obiviously How can i start telling him on fingers without help of calculator that, sir 500 pound for room , 1000 for other shit and how could I tell him the exact specific figures without even experiencing my study tenure ...... in that situation even at the end of interview I asked him to clarify that cost expense wala question........ any way he made this reason on refusal document as well and mention that :

ECO --- it is reasonable that student would have knowledge of his cost and expenses during his course of study , so on the basis of what I do not consider you a genuine student ......... (ECO did not even consider the rest 10 questions he asked and I replied in a well manner based on proper research)

Now tell me what to do ? its really shocking and astonishing that ECO could even make such thing a reason of refusal of Tier 4 valuable visa of mine......

Ali Shah107
Newly Registered

Post by Ali Shah107 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 pm

anniej wrote:What 'baseless' reasons have been provided for the rejection? You need to give more details.
Ali Shah107 wrote:Dear @annieg

The reason he give that :

Q) How much forcast/estimation you have made about your cost during your proposed course of study??

Ans) when I reply 9000 , 10000 or even 11000 GBP , it varies , although I have provided my bank statement regarding funds available to me, i have more than sufficient funds available and I have no issue regardig cost, then He further ask break the given amounts how you will manage ?? Now obiviously How can i start telling him on fingers without help of calculator that, sir 500 pound for room , 1000 for other shit and how could I tell him the exact specific figures without even experiencing my study tenure ...... in that situation even at the end of interview I asked him to clarify that cost expense wala question........ any way he made this reason on refusal document as well and mention that :

ECO --- it is reasonable that student would have knowledge of his cost and expenses during his course of study , so on the basis of what I do not consider you a genuine student ......... (ECO did not even consider the rest 10 questions he asked and I replied in a well manner based on proper research)

Now tell me what to do ? its really shocking and astonishing that ECO could even make such thing a reason of refusal of Tier 4 valuable visa of mine......