ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent (Spouse)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent (Spouse)

Post by subrataduari » Sat May 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi all,
I am applying for ILR in weeks time. I have completed 5 years in UK (on Tier 1 (General) for 3 years and then 2 years of extension).
My wife joined 1 year and 2 months before.
Now since she is not eligible for ILR, which form should I use to apply her extension? She is not employed yet, totally dependent on me.
I though it was FLR(M). But I cannot confirm that I am settled in UK since I have not been granted the ILR yet.

Please can any one help me?
Also please can you tell how much she has to pay for Health Surcharge?

thanks and regards
Subrata

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent (Spouse) extension

Post by subrataduari » Sat May 16, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi all,
I am applying for ILR in weeks time. I have completed 5 years in UK (on Tier 1 (General) for 3 years and then 2 years of extension).
My wife joined me 1 year and 2 months before.
Now since she is not eligible for ILR, which form should I use to apply her extension? She is not employed yet, totally dependent on me.
I though it was FLR(M). But I cannot confirm that I am settled in UK since I have not been granted the ILR yet.

thanks and regards
Subrata

Marah
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependent (Spouse)

Post by Marah » Sun May 17, 2015 12:59 am

subrataduari wrote:Hi all,
My wife joined 1 year and 2 months before.

thanks and regards
Subrata
Hi! It's again same T1 General dependent form and they will grant her 2 years t1g dependent. But she can settle in another 10 months time.
Thx

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 1:43 am

Extend as a PBS dependant is correct. After you are granted ILR, spouse should be granted leave for another 3 years under 319C and 319D. ILR will be subject to 319E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sun May 17, 2015 7:15 am

Dear Vinny
Thanks a million for replying my query. I was checking the application fees on net.
I need to pay for my ILR £1500.00
For my wife PBS dependent I need to pay £1736.00 + £600.00 health surcharge = £2336.00!

Sorry, please do not get me wrong, I am just checking with if it is possible to apply for her as FLR(M)?

(Our visa will expire on the same in a month time.)

FLR(M) fee is £649.00 + £600.00 = £1249.00

Because after 10 month I need to pay for her ILR £1500.00 anyway.

Thanks again
Subrata

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 7:21 am

FLR(M) is Possible, but she requires 5 years on FLR(M) before being eligible for SET(M).

Note that if she initially applied as your dependant after 9th July 2012, then she would also need 5 years in the UK before being eligible for ILR as a PBS dependant under 319E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sun May 17, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks Vinny

Hi Vinny
Thanks.
So do you suggest PBS dependent which is for three years?
I just wanted to avoid this huge expense at the moment, no hesitation to admit, I am bit short of money this month.
Anyway, if there is no other option, we will go for PBS dependent.

Also please can I confirm that she needs to produce only three documents

My bank statement showing enough funds (£1890) for last 3 months ( she does not have a bank account yet)
My passport and Biomatric COPY
Civil marriage certificate

I am sure you have posted this many times before. I am confirming with you because many things have changed like health surcharge.

Thanks for all your help.
Subrata

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:33 pm

I got my ILR, and my FLR(M), thanks everyone!