ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1G: English requirement for ILR after 5 November 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kirolosbasha
Newly Registered

T1G: English requirement for ILR after 5 November 2015

Post by kirolosbasha » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:58 am

Dear All,

I am tier 01 general(PBS) Main applicant.Am intending to apply for ILR on 9th of March 2016. I need your generous advice regarding the required English test which should be submitted by then for me and my wife.

My queries are as following:-

01-Do I have to take a new IELTS exam to satisfy the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) and what level should i achieve ? or I can submit the one I used before in Entry clearance and previous extensions.Noting that it was taken in March 2010 -overall score 6.5 .
please see this link below:-
http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_inform ... ation.aspx

02.Do i need to take IELTS life skill level B even if it will be ok to use my old IELTS (the one i used before) to satisfy the KOLL ? or it is just my wife who has to take this exam ?

03.I notice that T1 G was removed from the points calculator .I wonder how can I demonstrate that I still meet a points threshold ? Can I use T2 G instead ?

* Please note that although my Bachelor degree used to be in points calculator (30 points ) but the study was not completely in English .So, the option of sending my qualification to naric.org.uk is useless.

I appreciate your help in advance.

kirolos

talk2ram.28
BANNED

Re: T1G: English requirement for ILR after 5 November 2015

Post by talk2ram.28 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:06 pm

You may use tier 2 g PBS.

kirolosbasha
Newly Registered

Re: T1G: English requirement for ILR after 5 November 2015

Post by kirolosbasha » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks talk2ram.28 for your reply.