ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What VISA?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikec1029
Newly Registered

What VISA?

Post by mikec1029 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi

My Name is Mike and i just stumbled across this site trying to look for answers, i really hope you guys can help.

Im in the process of immigrating from South Africa to the UK, my problem is not with me but with my 4 year old son. myself and his mother both have british passports which we got through our parents as we were both born in RSA. what would be the best way about getting my son into the UK? What VISA would you say is best to get for him?

Thanks
Mike

vinny

Re: What VISA?

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:53 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mikec1029
Newly Registered

Post by mikec1029 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks Vinny.

would i have to be settled in the UK first then apply for my son to come over?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 pm

No. Both parents being British is better than being settled.

After living in the UK for 3 years, child may be entitled to register under Section 3(5).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.