ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 4 and dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hana1955
BANNED

Teir 4 and dependent visa

Post by Hana1955 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi
My husband is applying for Teir 4 visa, he is going to study masters degree for 1 year in Edinburgh, Scottland
now I'm applying with him as Teir 4 dependent - we're applying at the same time from the same country , our home country - we've the same nationality , none of us is British or European
I want to know if they'll ask if I'm pregnant or not?
We've been married for a year and half with no kids till now
Will they ask ?
and will it make any difference whether I answer yes or no ?
Will it make any difference if I'm few weeks pregnant now or if I'm not but I get pregnant once we arrive there ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Teir 4 dependent pregnancy

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 pm

No, they are unlikely to ask unless you are very obviously pregnant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 pm

CR001 wrote:No, they are unlikely to ask unless you are very obviously pregnant.
Thanks a lot for your concern , but why do I find a lot of women here mentioning that they've been asked although they were few weeks preg. ?
I also need to know what difference does it make ? is it forbidden to apply as dependent while preg?

Thanks again for your help.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Please everyone, anymore help and explanation will be really appreciated, my appointment is really close and I need to understand everything related to this .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:38 am

Are you pregnant?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:57 am

People "hear" a lot of things! More often than not, it is all crap!

Whether they ask or not, a pregnancy has no bearing on the outcome of your application. All you need to do is tell the truth.
Also, the birth of a child in UK will not benefit the parents or the child in any way in terms of their ability to remain or settle in the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:People "hear" a lot of things! More often than not, it is all crap!

Whether they ask or not, a pregnancy has no bearing on the outcome of your application. All you need to do is tell the truth.
Also, the birth of a child in UK will not benefit the parents or the child in any way in terms of their ability to remain or settle in the UK.
Yes I understand that w baby born in UK will make no difference for the baby or the parents - they don't give citizenship by birth or anything - that's why I wanna understand what will be the outcome of asking me if I'm preg. or not? it won't affect their decision in anyway ??

Hana1955
BANNED

teri 4 where will I stay - what should I show? plz help

Post by Hana1955 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 pm

We reserved a room in a hotel for few days, we're planning to go view some apartments once we arrive there , apartments that we've already bookmarked.
Now we wrote the address of the hotel in the application form do we HAVE to print the receipt that we've paid and take it also with us to our appointment at the UK visa center or is the address in the application form enough??

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Will someone at the application center ask you if you are pregnant?
Only a clairvoyant can tell you that!

Does being pregnant / not being pregnant have any influence on the outcome of an immigration application?
As I have already mentioned in my previous post, "no"!

End of story!!

geriatrix

Re: teri 4 where will I stay - what should I show? plz help

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Hana1955 wrote:We reserved a room in a hotel for few days, we're planning to go view some apartments once we arrive there , apartments that we've already bookmarked.
Now we wrote the address of the hotel in the application form do we HAVE to print the receipt that we've paid and take it also with us to our appointment at the UK visa center or is the address in the application form enough??
Submit the hotel booking confirmation printout, along with your application.
You'll be less nervous that way.

geriatrix

Re: Teir 4 and dependent visa

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:13 pm

And, please keep your queries in this topic.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And, please keep your queries in this topic.
OK , I'm sorry I re-posted the other topic before I saw his message! I'm failing to delete, please do if you can.
and thanks a lot for all your answers

Adi2015
Newly Registered

Post by Adi2015 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Guru,
I applied for FLR(O) as per my previous stated situation. I have just had a refusal letter with the option of appealing from home country. my wife who is the main applicant now has a PHD offer starting 21 september 2015. do you think i can make a new application. on the refusal letter it says if i have any new reason for which i want to stay in UK i should let them know by making a new application.
I urgently need your help with your experience.
thanks

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi again , please help me with this question

(we've already applied and waiting for their decision)

while filling my application form (Teir 4 dependent) there was a question : will I go with him at the same time or follow him later? and I choose "SAME TIME"

does this mean that we both have to arrive at the exact same moment to UK? I mean do we have to go together on the same day ??

I'm asking because we've found out that its more economic for us i he goes first then I catch up with him 2 weeks later, are we allowed to do this ? or will I be prevented from entering because I didn't come with him at the SAME TIME ??

and how many days will I be allowed from the start of the visa to collect my BRP from there ? I mean what is the maximum limit for me to wait here before joining him ?

Kindly help if you know
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 am

Hana1955 wrote:does this mean that we both have to arrive at the exact same moment to UK? I mean do we have to go together on the same day ??
No.
Hana1955 wrote:will I be prevented from entering because I didn't come with him at the SAME TIME ??
No.
Hana1955 wrote:and how many days will I be allowed from the start of the visa to collect my BRP from there ?
7 days from your arrival.
Hana1955 wrote:what is the maximum limit for me to wait here before joining him ?
Deadline is the end of his visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:19 pm

My limit is the end of HIS VISA? really? because I read on the site of UK visas that I'll be allowed about 30 days from the "intended arrival date" that I've mentioned to go into UK and receive my BRP, did I misunderstand?

Another question please and sorry for bothering
Is the embassy in Abu Dhabi closed on Fridays and Saturdays?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:27 pm

To clarify, you can come to the UK at any time between now and the end of his visa.

However, once you have chosen when to come, and applied for the dependant visa, you will get a 30-day vignette and you need to travel to the UK within its validity.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks a lot

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Is the embassy in Abu Dhabi closed on Fridays and Saturdays?

Shik
BANNED

Denial of pregnancy while entering, please help!

Post by Shik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello, please help

I've applied as dependent with my husband, he is going to study for 1 year in UK, while applying I was not asked whether I'm pregnant or not , and I did not mention it.
Now I'm advised by many to say "no" if asked if I'm pregnant while entering UK (in the airport), I'll be at the end of my third month so it'll still be not obvious, they tell me if I say yes and it is not mentioned on their computer I'll be treated as i I've given false info while applying and get into very big trouble.

What if I do say "No", and then I go to start following up with a doctor, will the doctor inform the authorities about me?
and when I give birth will the hospital check the date of giving birth and the date of entering the country and cause me any troubles?

AND what about the BABY, after giving birth, he/she will get a British birth certificate, right? can we continue our stay with only this document about him/her? or will we need to apply for a visa for him\her?

Please tell me all the info that you know related to this.

Casa

Re: Denial of pregnancy while entering, please help!

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:38 pm

What makes you think the Immigration Officer will ask whether you're pregnant? :? In any event, many women have no idea that they're pregnant during the first few months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

geriatrix

Re: Denial of pregnancy while entering, please help!

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Shik wrote:AND what about the BABY, after giving birth, he/she will get a British birth certificate, right? can we continue our stay with only this document about him/her? or will we need to apply for a visa for him\her?
Baby will get a birth certificate from a British authority, but your nationality. A child born in the UK may remain in the UK without leave but is still under immigration control, and if the child travels outside UK then the child will need leave / visa to return to UK.

That said, please read this.

Hana1955
BANNED

Post by Hana1955 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Very sorry,

so I won't be asked in the airport?
And the doctors won't cause any trouble?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm

You keep asking the same question, and we keep giving the same answer!