ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer Student Visa Changes (URGENT!)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amcdk9
Newly Registered

Transfer Student Visa Changes (URGENT!)

Post by amcdk9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi,

So I'm transferring Universities for my masters program (the first university situation was a disaster and it didn't work out). The rules were that as long as you begin a new program and apply for a new visa within my curtailment (60 days after withdrawl or notification from the home office), I can apply for my new visa from within the UK. I withdrew from the University last week and received a draft of my CAS on the 10th, and the full CAS on the 12th. I met with my visa advisor on the 11th to gather my documents, and scheduled a meeting with him to send off my documents.

He notified me on Thursday (20th) that the Home Office recently changed the rules in regards to transfer students, and didn't notify them until that day. Apparently, anyone receiving a CAS after the 10th has to return to their home country to apply for a new visa.

My new program begins in less than a month. What in the world do I do? / can I do? I was just in my home country (America) three weeks ago, and now I'm being told I have to return just three weeks before my program begins. The home office should be at fault because anyone who falls under that 10 day period where the university and visa office at my school were not notified, ends up being completely screwed!

Please help!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Transfer Student Visa Changes (URGENT!)

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 am

Yes, if a Tier 4 application does not show Academic Progression, it needs to be made outside the UK.

I advise you check with your new sponsor what is the latest date you can enrol. That allows enough time to go to your home country and apply, do so.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.