ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lenght of the flat contract

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tsilovascheilly
Newly Registered

Lenght of the flat contract

Post by tsilovascheilly » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:32 am

Hi! I'm applying for a tier 4 visa (general) student and my course lasts for 3 years. It's stated in my CAS that the course lasts for 3 years but I took a contract flat only for one year. Will it make a difference ? Can they give me only one year of visa only because of the one year contract flat ?

Thank you !

Dehkhoda
Newly Registered

Re: Lenght of the flat contract

Post by Dehkhoda » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 am

Hi

You might get more accurate answer from other expert here!
But based on my experience and based on the tier4 guides, the length of your visa will be based on your CAS letter!

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

tsilovascheilly wrote:Will it make a difference ? Can they give me only one year of visa only because of the one year contract flat ?
Your flat contract is totally irrelevant to your Tier 4 application. Why are you including it anyway?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:52 pm

It is good to provide proof of accommodation. But one year is enough and you can tell them that it is initially for one year and I might change or renew it if asked. One year contract will not have any effect on duration of visa as it will be based on your length of course. But make sure that whatever docs you are submitting should be verifiable .

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 am

legalaid wrote:It is good to provide proof of accommodation.
Terrible advice. It is not good at all. You should not add irrelevant evidence of UK accommodation to your Tier 4 application. It adds nothing to the application, and can only cause problems and delays.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

legalaid

Post by legalaid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 am

As mentioned "Took the contract". So why would it cause a problem when he has genuinely taken the contract. That's why i have mentioned every document should be genuine and verifiable. It has nothing to do with time frame of visa processing. That was my advice based on some experiences but its upto applicant what to do.

Students also need to provide the details of address where they will be staying in UK. Q 21 in application form.
It is not the requirement though.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:39 am

legalaid wrote:Students also need to provide the details of address where they will be staying in UK. Q 21 in application form.
Most applicants do not have a UK residential address, and their UK address is the address of their Tier 4 sponsor. Even if they do have a UK address, there is no need to provide evidence of it.