ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK before ilr

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsyasin

Travelling outside UK before ilr

Post by hsyasin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Hey all,
I know its a silly question, but been bugging me slightly. The thing is, i'm planning to go and see my parents, in a couple of months, so was just wondering, whether its safe to travel if i've around 2-3months T1 visa left.
Applying for ilr in march next year, so, what r others experiences and would really like the experts to give their opinion?
Things, like, immigration officer grilling at the airport and stuff r worrying me.
Coz I actually had an experience, around 2-2-1/2 years back, when i was coming back and was grilled quite a bit at heathrow, and the problem was, the officer just wouldn't listen to my response completely and was just throwing questions at me and was sort of forcing me to say, 'yes I'm guilty for applying T1'. And then at the end, when i didn't really back down at all, asked how much salary do i get in my account after tax, told him, he went somewhere and came back and said, ok I'm letting u go and will check everything about u and HO will send a letter. Also said that I've put a check on u. :? :shock:
Reason being, when i applied for T1 initial application, I was employed plus self-employed and paid all the tax on self-employed right on time, in fact as soon as my tax got calculated.
Then again, on extension, had same scenario, employed plus self-employed, all tax paid.
I must mention, i did travel once again afterwards with my wife, and on the way back was worried what if the officer does it again, but wasn't really asked much, just a nice officer as always (with that one exception), asked what do u do and where do u work and then, welcome back to the UK.

hsyasin

Re: Travelling outside UK before ilr

Post by hsyasin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Also, now I'm only full time employed, no self-employed work on the side

mr_mar

Re: Travelling outside UK before ilr

Post by mr_mar » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:54 am

Don't worry about it
You know your rights and duties and as long you can answer all the questions you are good to go.
DOn't over stay you 180 days limit.