ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant (2nd marriage)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Faheemryk
Pakistan

PBS dependant (2nd marriage)

Post by Faheemryk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello

I am a Pakistani national, I am currently on tier 1 enterpreneur visa.
I got married in February 2014, applied my wife's dependent visa in July 2014 and got it.
She came to UK in August 2014.
Our relationship did not go well and my wife went back to Pakistan in March 2015.

Now I have to start divorce process. Marriage was not registered in the UK.
It was registered in Pakistan.
I am sending divorce affidevite attested from Pakistani high commission London to my wife.
I am going to inform UK visas that our relationship is ended.

My question is, if I want to marry and bring my new wife to the UK as my dependent
what documents do I need.

Do I need a computerised divorce certificate issued by the union council of the place where we got married ?
would that be sufficient or divorce has to be in the court of law.

what procedure I have to follow and what documents I will need if I want to bring my new wife in the UK.
I am planning to get marry in Pakistan in December 2015 or January 2016.

Please help.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Divorce and new marriage

Post by alil2014 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Your marriage was automatically registered/ recognised in the UK when you applied for the visa, hence why the visa was approved.

A "divorce affidavit attested from Pakistani high commission London" has no legal bearing.

You will either need to;
A) apply for a Decree Absolute from the UK courts; OR
B) initiate legal proceedings in Pakistan via the recognised authority (union council).

Option A is the better option and less likely to cause you problems when you apply for a future visa after re-marrying. Whereas option B would be more risky as you will be depending on how the ECO interprets the immigration rules, which could lead to rejection/ appeal.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Whichever option you take, make sure that the date of your second marriage is after the date of your decree absolute. Do not rush into the second marriage until you have got the decree absolute.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

secret.simon wrote:Whichever option you take, make sure that the date of your second marriage is after the date of your decree absolute. Do not rush into the second marriage until you have got the decree absolute.
Yep agree.

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Re: PBS dependant (2nd marriage)

Post by Faheemryk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks guys

I will remarry once I get absolute decree

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Post by Faheemryk » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm

I have confirmed from many people, I cannot get a UK divorce because my wife has gone
back to Pakistan already, we both are Pakistani nationals. Marriage is recognised in the UK
but its not registered here. So I am advised to get a divorce certificate from nadra and court order and that will be enough proof for UKVI.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:06 pm

what is this Decree absolute ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.