ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hello64381
Newly Registered

Child born outside UK

Post by hello64381 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:55 pm

I am on tier-1 General visa from Oct 2010 (visa valid till Sep 2017), applying my ILR in October 2015.

My wife first came to UK in Jan 2015 (visa valid until sep 2017) on tier 1 general dependent. She is preganant and baby is due in Jan 2016, she is going to India for delivery and the child will be born in india,

I have two questions here

1. While applying visa for the new born child(born outside uk), can the father be on ILR and mother continue to be on tier 1 dependent ? What visa category should I apply for the child ?

2. When I apply for british citizenship , can I include my child for the british citizenship ? Please note - Mother is still on tier 1 dependent and will need to stay for 4 more years to get eligible for ILR.

Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Child born outside UK

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 pm

1. Assuming you will apply for ILR under PBS route and not under Long Residence - Yes (319C), PBS dependant (319H).
2. You may, but such an application is subject to discretion (9.17.9). Likely to be refused.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hello64381
Newly Registered

Post by hello64381 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I will apply ILR via PBS and its is clear from your answer that I will apply child's visa as ILR PBS dependent. Will I need to change my wife's visa from tier 1 dependent to ILR dependent before applying child visa ? As I read in some forum that both parents have to be in the same visa before applying the visa for the child.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 am

Already answered.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:14 am

hello64381 wrote:Will I need to change my wife's visa from tier 1 dependent to ILR dependent before applying child visa ?
No. Child may apply for leave as a PBS dependant, in-line with mother's.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.