ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 am

mullos wrote:Hi - hoping someone can help with next course of action - submitted my EEA(PR) and yet to receive anythng back.

28 July '15 - Docs sent
29 July '15 - Docs received & Signed by HO Durham
30 July '15 - Payment taken
Nothing since - no Acknowledgement e-mail, no Biometric letter.
I have just sent called HO and they advised send an email to eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Has this happened to anyone else?
thanks in advance!
Hello mullos, It takes about up to 2 months to hear from HO on PR applications since the biometrics introduced. So, this is now ''normal'' process unfortunately...

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks Forza,
Was concerned mainly over not receiving any email acknowledgement, as others on here who submitted after me seem to still have received an acknowledgement email at least.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Below is my timeline for permanent residence card application (non-EEA citizen) - it's been exactly 5 months today since I applied for PR:

Application sent by special delivery: 26.03.2015
Home Office received the application & signed: 27.03.2015
Application fee was taken from my credit card account: 31.03.2015
Received a confirmation letter dated: 30.03.2015
Received a confirmation email: 08.04.2015
Received the COA: 07.04.2015
PR status: STILL WAITING

lieneF
Newly Registered

Post by lieneF » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Hello everyone i am new to this but i have been reading all your posts and decided to post my husbands waiting times for PR ...
application sent on 16/7/2015
biometric letter received 23/07/2015
COA letter received 20/08/2015
PR waiting ....
Now i need my passport back as i have an urgent travel but i cant seem to send an online form to the home office as they are asking for home office reference number which we cant find on any letters sent by the HO, can anyone advise me on what to do as i cant submit form without that reference number ... Thanks

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
saramarcs wrote:Hi guys,
I am about to apply for my PR too, my actual RC expires on February next year but my partner and I are doing our 5th anniversary now on September. I am Brazilian and my partner is Italian, as she doesn't have her PR yet (actually she had one but expired some year ago) we are wondering if we can apply together. I have read that it is possible but I can't understand what to do. Before the requirement was sending one form each but know if I am not wrong we can apply in the same form, is that correct? If yes then, should I (non-European) apply as the main applicant and add her as my family member or in reverse?
Sorry about the questions but I am a bit lost with the changes.
Thank you very much guys and I hope yours PR come soon.
Yes you can apply with the same form. Have you downloaded and read the application form actually? It explains everything on the application form. You can do both (you main applicant or reverse).

Hi Forza, thank you very much for your answer. I actually have read all the form but I was a bit confused if I could apply for myself and add my partner as a family member as she is my sponsor too. With your experience which way would you advise me to do, apply for me and add her or reverse? Thank you very much again.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

saramarcs wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
saramarcs wrote:Hi guys,
I am about to apply for my PR too, my actual RC expires on February next year but my partner and I are doing our 5th anniversary now on September. I am Brazilian and my partner is Italian, as she doesn't have her PR yet (actually she had one but expired some year ago) we are wondering if we can apply together. I have read that it is possible but I can't understand what to do. Before the requirement was sending one form each but know if I am not wrong we can apply in the same form, is that correct? If yes then, should I (non-European) apply as the main applicant and add her as my family member or in reverse?
Sorry about the questions but I am a bit lost with the changes.
Thank you very much guys and I hope yours PR come soon.
Yes you can apply with the same form. Have you downloaded and read the application form actually? It explains everything on the application form. You can do both (you main applicant or reverse).

Hi Forza, thank you very much for your answer. I actually have read all the form but I was a bit confused if I could apply for myself and add my partner as a family member as she is my sponsor too. With your experience which way would you advise me to do, apply for me and add her or reverse? Thank you very much again.
Hi saramarcs, no problem at all. We're here to share our experiences and help each other. I am neither a legal expert in this area nor an immigration advisor but I try to read other forums and posts whenever I have the time. Based on the overall PR application experiences I'd suggest you to put your EU spouse as main applicant if you are gonna make a joint PR application. This would definitely speed up the process (this's entirely based on the experiences similar to your situation, EU & non-EU joint applications).

alisufyan
Newly Registered

Post by alisufyan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi All
I have been reading this forum for sometime, Information here helped me a lot when I was filling up forms.
I am non-EU national married to an EU citizen. We applier for PR together on 5 years basis. Here is our timeline;

Application sent: 11th of July 2015 (Sent with Royal mail Special delivery)
HO received: 13th of July 2015
Payment taken: 17th of July 2015 (Made with cheques)
Wife received HO email confirmation: 24th of July 2015 I have not received any emails
Biometrics demand letter Received: 27th of July 2015 Dated 23rd of July 2015
Biometrics done: 28th of July 2015

We have not received COA or any other communication since then. I will update this if I hear anything from HO.
Hope this will help others.

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks a lot Forza, any experience or information is always very welcome.
I will keep you guys update as soon as I send my application.
And I hope you hear from your application soon.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:30 pm

alisufyan wrote:Hi All
I have been reading this forum for sometime, Information here helped me a lot when I was filling up forms.
I am non-EU national married to an EU citizen. We applier for PR together on 5 years basis. Here is our timeline;

Wife received HO email confirmation: 24th of July 2015 I have not received any emails

We have not received COA or any other communication since then. I will update this if I hear anything from HO.
Hi alisufyan, thanks for sharing your timeline. Did you put yourself or your EU spouse as the main applicant? You would probably receive your COA soon pretty soon.
Keep us updated with your timeline. Good luck and hope you will receive your PR sooner.

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:16 pm

lieneF wrote:Hello everyone i am new to this but i have been reading all your posts and decided to post my husbands waiting times for PR ...
application sent on 16/7/2015
biometric letter received 23/07/2015
COA letter received 20/08/2015
PR waiting ....
Now i need my passport back as i have an urgent travel but i cant seem to send an online form to the home office as they are asking for home office reference number which we cant find on any letters sent by the HO, can anyone advise me on what to do as i cant submit form without that reference number ... Thanks
There should be reference number on biometric letter

lieneF
Newly Registered

Post by lieneF » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:53 am

thanks its all sorted now... :)

alisufyan
Newly Registered

Post by alisufyan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:10 am

Forza_RC wrote:
alisufyan wrote:Hi All

Hi alisufyan, thanks for sharing your timeline. Did you put yourself or your EU spouse as the main applicant? You would probably receive your COA soon pretty soon.
Keep us updated with your timeline. Good luck and hope you will receive your PR sooner.
Hi Forza_RC,
We just filled two separate forms put all the documents in one bag along with application form. We did not send any photocopies.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:14 am

Has anyone (non-EU) applied for PR after the biometrics introduced (after April 2015) and received it?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Has anyone called European Enquiries telephone number recently? If yes which number did you dial? 0300 123 2253 and then option 2 used to work in the past.

Daviard
Newly Registered

Post by Daviard » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Hello all,

Here is my timeline.

Application sent: 17th of July 2015 (Royal Mail special delivery)
HO received: 20th of July 2015
Biometrics letter received: 31th of July 2015
Biometrics submitted: 31th of July 2015
COA received: 20th of August 2015 (dated 17th of August)
PR: Waiting...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Daviard wrote:Hello all,

Here is my timeline.

Hi Daviard, thanks for sharing your timeline. Are you EU or non-EU citizen? Normally COA takes up to 2 months to receive for non-EU citizens since the biometrics introduced. If you are a non-EU citizen then your timeline looks pretty good :)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Enquiries from European citizens:

Call the European enquiries line if:
* you’re a national of an EEA country or Switzerland
* you’re the partner or family member of a national of an EEA country or Switzerland

Telephone: 0300 123 2253

Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm

Daviard
Newly Registered

Post by Daviard » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am

Forza_RC wrote:
Daviard wrote:Hello all,

Here is my timeline.

Hi Daviard, thanks for sharing your timeline. Are you EU or non-EU citizen? Normally COA takes up to 2 months to receive for non-EU citizens since the biometrics introduced. If you are a non-EU citizen then your timeline looks pretty good :)
Hi Forza,

I am non-Eu citizen. As I know after you enrolled your biometric information it takes up to 21 day to receive the certificate.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 am

I have been watching BBC news last night and all they Spoke about was immigration and that it is a record number of people that have moved to the uk and also settle here. They Showed the prime minister and the Home Secretary in the Airport as part of the interview and massive queues at passport control, I'm just wondering if this numbers and all this going on if it will delay our applications even more as they will for sure have talks about how to cut immigration etc… I have now been waiting for 4 months for my Pr.
When i Called the home Office the other day they told me cases were taking 4-6 months to be resolved. But now there are people in this forum waiting for almost 6 months, plus there is no record anywhere on the internet that anybody has received the new Biometric Card.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:31 am

sidcostas wrote:I have been watching BBC news last night and all they Spoke about was immigration and that it is a record number of people that have moved to the uk and also settle here. They Showed the prime minister and the Home Secretary in the Airport as part of the interview and massive queues at passport control, I'm just wondering if this numbers and all this going on if it will delay our applications even more as they will for sure have talks about how to cut immigration etc… I have now been waiting for 4 months for my Pr.
When i Called the home Office the other day they told me cases were taking 4-6 months to be resolved. But now there are people in this forum waiting for almost 6 months, plus there is no record anywhere on the internet that anybody has received the new Biometric Card.
Hi sidcostas, when you called the HO, did you manage to get any info on your case, where they are etc.? Did you manage to speak to your caseworker?
I have been waiting for my PR for over 5 months now. I am not sure if calling the HO would help at all.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:24 am

Forza_RC wrote:
sidcostas wrote:I have been watching BBC news last night and all they Spoke about was immigration and that it is a record number of people that have moved to the uk and also settle here. They Showed the prime minister and the Home Secretary in the Airport as part of the interview and massive queues at passport control, I'm just wondering if this numbers and all this going on if it will delay our applications even more as they will for sure have talks about how to cut immigration etc… I have now been waiting for 4 months for my Pr.
Hi sidcostas, when you called the HO, did you manage to get any info on your case, where they are etc.? Did you manage to speak to your caseworker?
I have been waiting for my PR for over 5 months now. I am not sure if calling the HO would help at all.

Hi Forza,
I only spoke to the person who answer the phone ( not sure they are case workers), I asked n how long are the applications being decided and she told me 4-6 months. But this is the second time that I have called and the first time the other attendant told me the processing time was at 5-6 months, so each person tells something different. Im wondering if this will even take more than 5 months. Forza you could call them and say your application was sent over 5 months ago and you can ask the current processing times, you won't need to give them your details like reference numbers, they don't even ask.
Keep us posted.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:43 am

This forum is like a free counselling service. We would probably go crazy considering the ludicrous time HO is taking to provide an immigration status that we all know we have already obtained. Yesterday ONS published the data and I wonder if anyone of you noted that there is 30% rejection rate for PR at the moment (data valid till end of June 2015) when it was 20% just 4 years back.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

I called the HO today and was told that the average processing time for PR applications is around 5,5 months currently.
If you applied for PR within 6 months period it's not worth calling the HO at all as they do not provide any information on your case at all...

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:11 pm

liquidweb wrote:This forum is like a free counselling service. We would probably go crazy considering the ludicrous time HO is taking to provide an immigration status that we all know we have already obtained. Yesterday ONS published the data and I wonder if anyone of you noted that there is 30% rejection rate for PR at the moment (data valid till end of June 2015) when it was 20% just 4 years back.

Hi liquidweb, where did you read this information about the rejection rate, in the other hand isn't it illegal for them to reject an application that is correct and contain all the information needed? Do we know of anyone on this forum waiting for more than 6 months? what is your timeline Liquidweb.
I still have 2 months to wait if they are taking 6 months to deal with Pr application, this is so bad, I have a friend that applied early this year and his taken exactly for months and another one has taken only 3 months. The introduction of biometrics seems to have allowed things down big time.

Regards

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:34 pm

liquidweb wrote:This forum is like a free counselling service. We would probably go crazy considering the ludicrous time HO is taking to provide an immigration status that we all know we have already obtained. Yesterday ONS published the data and I wonder if anyone of you noted that there is 30% rejection rate for PR at the moment (data valid till end of June 2015) when it was 20% just 4 years back.
ONS's quarterly report:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_414818.pdf