ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw and Reapply Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edward504
Newly Registered

Withdraw and Reapply Application

Post by edward504 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me.

1. Applied for T4 visa on the 10th of July. Paid Visa Fee's and IHS Surcharge.
2. Couldn't submit documents on time, so I used UKCISA's website advice information on cancelling an application.

"If you have submitted your application online but you do not send your documents to the Home Office and/or enrol your biometrics in the specified timeframe your application will be rejected as invalid. This is not a refusal. Your application fee, less £80 will be refunded. If you paid the immigration health surcharge (IHS) as part of your application this will be refunded in full."

3. Reapplied again on the 3rd of August. Paid Visa Fee's and IHS Surcharge again.
4. 27th Aug : IHS refund with shortfall of £75 and Visa fee's have yet to be refunded.

I have also called UKVI and Student Union on this matter and reitirated the same thing. IHS Fee's will be refunded in FULL, while VISA Fee's will be less £80.

What went wrong? Has anyone gone through this and could share any thoughts? UKVI website is so vague and there's no sufficient information on this matter. It's frustrating to call them too, as it takes forever to get an officer on the phone. I have sent UKVI an email and will update if there's any information given.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Withdraw and Reapply Application

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:42 pm

edward504 wrote:What went wrong?
Nothing went wrong. They are just slow with the refunds. It's the busy season so their priority is processing valid and complete applications.

Next time, do not apply until you have all the required documents.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

edward504
Newly Registered

Re: Withdraw and Reapply Application

Post by edward504 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi Sah,

Actually I was more concerned on the refund. Would they refund everything in full? Because I'm already loosing £75, when they should be refunding me full for the IHS Surcharge.

Yea - one of the documents required was actually "previous travel documents". I am applying from the UK, and since I don't live with my parents, I had to ask a friend to retrieve my belongings in a safe back home. All the other documents were just the online re-printing docs and the current passport.