ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1-E Initial Entry

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Layer3
Newly Registered

T1-E Initial Entry

Post by Layer3 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi,
Hoping if I can get an answer, I had got my T1-E Visa two months back. As I was unable to travel to UK within 30 days, do I need to apply fresh or I can ask for extention.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: T1-E Initial Entry

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:44 am

@ layers, you should have been issued with 3yrs, 3months visa, that give you enough time to plan for your trip. Meanwhile, no stipulated timeframe that you must arrive UK, its your choice if you come after 3months or 1year of visa issuance.

The only issue is that you might have to do more than 1 renewal if you arrive UK more than 3months after visa issuance in order to qualify for settlement.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:33 am

Did you get a vignette valid for 30 days in your passport with a letter to collect your BRP in the UK on arrival?

Or did you get a visa valid for 3 years or so in your passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Layer3
Newly Registered

Post by Layer3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:02 am

Yes, I got a vignette valid for 30 days on passport with a letter to collect BRP on arrival.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:06 am

Does the letter not say what you need to do if you don't travel within the 30 days?

There was a post in the last couple of weeks in one of the other forums about this scenario. I will see if I can find it and post it later.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Layer3
Newly Registered

Post by Layer3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Well the letter does mention
"If you don't travel to UK within this 30 day period, your Visa will expire and you will need to apply for a replacement Visa"
So does that mean I need to apply again with full fee ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:12 pm

See here (click)

Suggest you contact VFS. I don't think it is a full visa fee, likely a replacement fee or re-issue fee, but there is definitely a fee to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)