ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Stamp 4 while waiting for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bstar

Re: Renewing Stamp 4 while waiting for naturalisation

Post by bstar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:22 am

So 2 to 3 weeks are enough for EU1 if applied before date , that is to get the first temporary 6 months .

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:04 am

It depends on the current backlog, but typically it takes 4-8 weekss to get the acknowledgement letter and temporary Stamp 4.

Now they won't deport you or anything if your application is with them pending initial processing. Only problem is that during that time you won't have a GNIB card if your employer or someone wants to see it, and you can't really leave ireland and come back.

stanakines

Post by stanakines » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 am

Well as i am not authorized to read my private message despite all the effort i'll ask for advice here...

My solicitor sent a letter to immigration to confirm my residency because that wasn't very clear i don't know how long it's usually takes to get a reply but my main issue might be concerning my job when my stamp 4 EU going to expires as well.

After the 5 years gone and not possible for me to apply through EU3 as my family left the country already what can i do, should i bring the letter i received 5 years ago to extend it?

By doing so it will not be only a relief for my job but also for my Citizenship application in process at that times.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:28 am

So you are now a non-EU citizen in the State and the EU citizen has left the State. The next step is for you to apply for retention on form EU5 to the EU Treaty Rights Section. Your solicitor should know this. You will then most likely recieve a temporary permission while your case is being dealt with
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

bstar

Post by bstar » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 am

Yes but EU5 will only give him stay till end of his five years . I understand he is more concerned about what to do after that .

correct me please if I am wrong or misunderstood . Thanks

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm

If you are granted under EU5, you will then be eligible to apply for EU3 (Permanet Residence) in your own right, without the need for an EU citizen. You would have been granted retention which is a right to reside in the State without a need for the EU citizen
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm

:shock:
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun