ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply a visa for my niece

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mijiu
Newly Registered

Apply a visa for my niece

Post by Mijiu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this. My sister's daughter who is 12 years old and lives in Philippine, my sister has full custody of her after she divorced. My Irish husband works as engineer and I am a nurse ( I have Irish passport as well), we don't have our own child and not planning to have any either. under this circumstance, can I sponsor my niece come to Ireland to live with us and send her secondary school in Ireland?

Much appreciated for your advice.

noajthan

Re: Apply a visa for my niece

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Mijiu wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this. My sister's daughter who is 12 years old and lives in Philippine, my sister has full custody of her after she divorced. My Irish husband works as engineer and I am a nurse ( I have Irish passport as well), we don't have our own child and not planning to have any either. under this circumstance, can I sponsor my niece come to Ireland to live with us and send her secondary school in Ireland?

Much appreciated for your advice.
Mabuhay!

In the UK (for example) it is not possible to bring into the country children who have been 'gifted' informally by another family member.
Any adoption has to be within the framework of the Hague Convention.

Ireland has also finally ratified the Hague Convention on adoption, a few years ago:
http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl ... -1.1716740

I am unaware of any other mechanism (other than adoption) that Ireland may have to accomplish what you suggest.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gb1985

Re: Apply a visa for my niece

Post by gb1985 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:02 pm