ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to enter but fly in fly out job.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NAthan44o4
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to enter but fly in fly out job.

Post by NAthan44o4 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi
I've obtained indefinite leave to enter the UK, which actually expires at the end of November. We are due to arrive back in the UK in October. My current employer wants to keep me and have offered to amend my working conditions to a fly in fly out role, 3 weeks working in Australia, two weeks living in England.

Is this allowed? I intend to "live" in England, which is where my wife and kids will be, or will this invalidate my IDE visa?

Thanks in advance for the help

secret.simon

Re: Indefinite leave to enter but fly in fly out job.

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:57 am

NAthan44o4 wrote:I've obtained indefinite leave to enter the UK, which actually expires at the end of November.
Indefinite leave by definition does not expire. I presume that you mean that you got it more than two years ago and have stayed out of the country for two years.

If that is the case and you then take the kind of job you have outlined, an Immigration Officer at the airport may be suspicious of your intent to settle in the UK and would have the authority to cancel your ILR on the spot at the airport.

Get your employer to give you a job based in the UK for atleast 10 months. DO not travel out of the UK at all for those 10 months. Apply for UK citizenship. Once you submit your biometrics, then you can switch over to the kind of job that you outline.