ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working for a company based outside UK in the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

afteradvice5
Newly Registered

Working for a company based outside UK in the UK

Post by afteradvice5 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am

Hi there,

I just have a quick question based on a future arrangement.

I will be entering the UK for business from a company that is based outside of the UK that will require me to stay for an extended period of time. I will have 6-months on a tourist visa (as originally I'm from a Commonwealth nation). Once I leave when the 6-months has expired will I be allowed to re-enter a few weeks later?

Is it fine for a business to operate like this or should I speak with the company to have a different set-up? and if so how should they be set up?

If there's anything unclear about my questions I can clarify.

Cheers.

The Station Agent

Re: Working for a company based outside UK in the UK

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Generally you can't stay 6 months and then try to re-enter as a visitor. Any more than 180 days in a year and you become a tax resident.

drinver
Newly Registered
China

Post by drinver » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:16 pm

And you can't work on a visit visa - attending meetings etc are ok, but not work which would seem to be what you are intending given the length of time you need to stay in the UK.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:59 am

You can't undertake any business activity at all on a visitor visa.
The very fact that you would intend to breach the visa conditions by virtue of undertaking work or business activity would leave you liable to being accused of obtaining or attempting to obtain a visa by deception.
If that was the case you can expect a 10 year ban on entry and that information is shared with other countries.
All in all a very bad plan.... I suggest your UK employer gets a Tier 2 licence and brings you in on that basis.