ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No return within howlong?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

H00vertime
Newly Registered

No return within howlong?

Post by H00vertime » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:38 am

Hi my gf is brazillian and here on a tourist visa wich is about to run out.
I have abcouple of questions...

Is there a set time she has to be out of the uk before she is allowed to come bk?

Does she have to go bk to her place of origin before she is allowed to come bk? Or can we go to france for a couple of days when it expires and then come bk in again?

Thanks to anyone that can help

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: No return within howlong?

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 am

H00vertime wrote:Hi my gf is brazillian and here on a tourist visa wich is about to run out.
I have abcouple of questions...

Is there a set time she has to be out of the uk before she is allowed to come bk?

Does she have to go bk to her place of origin before she is allowed to come bk? Or can we go to france for a couple of days when it expires and then come bk in again?

Thanks to anyone that can help
Six months in every twelve plus she has to be a genuine visitor. What you're doing is residing, not visiting and makes her a prime target for being bounced and possibly banned from entering the UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

H00vertime
Newly Registered

Post by H00vertime » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 am

So she has to go out of the uk for more 6 months before comming back?

Her mum who has lived here in uk for 15 years has been given indefinate leave to stay as she has 2 children with an english guy. Would there be anyway she could get a visa that would allow her to join her mum?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:20 am

H00vertime wrote:So she has to go out of the uk for more 6 months before comming back?

Her mum who has lived here in uk for 15 years has been given indefinate leave to stay as she has 2 children with an english guy. Would there be anyway she could get a visa that would allow her to join her mum?
Not if she's over 18.

Does she have any Portuguese or other EU ancestry?

Otherwise it's marriage if you want to be together, and that's not cheap.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....