ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Delivery Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vparikh

BRP Delivery Sheffield

Post by vparikh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Hello folks,

I applied for Tier 2 (General) on 21st August 2015 at Sheffield Premium Service Centre. I haven't received my BRP yet and soon to start employment. The employers are chasing me for the BRP.

I was wondering if:

1) Anyone applied on 21st August +- in Sheffield or anywhere under any route and has received the BRP?

2) I called DX, as suggested by many on other topics, and they said they dont have anything for me yet. I know the HO suggests 7-10 working days to deliver BRP. Is it okay to e-mail them earlier?

Looking forward to your replies,

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Delivery Sheffield

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 pm

You will need to wait like every one else. It will be delivered probably in the next week or so. Your visa was only approved a week ago. There is a system available for your new employers to check your right to work and as a Tier 2 sponsor, they should be aware of this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed I have to be realistic and practical about it. Yes, they do have a system and they checked it with Home Office. Unfortunately, they are quite sceptical by the following paragraph in the guidance, which has been further emphasised by the helpline when the employer called:

It is recommended that you do not commence employment until you have received your Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 03/2015) Page 57 biometric residence permit (BRP). However, on the basis of your approval letter, if you and your sponsor agree to commence the employment before you have your BRP, both you and your sponsor carry the risk of having no statutory excuse against a civil penalty if the BRP card is incorrect or withdrawn by us. You can continue working for your previous sponsor until the start date on your new Certificate of Sponsorship, provided your previous leave has not expired.

My concern is that DX courier suggests that they haven't got anything under my name and postcode yet. This makes me wonder if the BRP is even produced yet. I have to have the BRP by next week at the latest. Given the horror stories I've read in forums, it's just not helping at the moment.

I am sure you can appreciate and hence, looking for some advice...

Thanks.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:50 pm

6 days today and still waiting. Called DX. They said they haven't got anything yet. :(

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:48 am

7th Day @ 10.47am and still no sign of BRP. Contacted DX yesterday evening again and same answer...

Anyone from Sheffield or anywhere who applied around 21st August, and have received BRP??

Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:32 pm

And why can't you wait patiently for 10 working days?
If you were to start employment, you should have applied earlier!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And why can't you wait patiently for 10 working days?
If you were to start employment, you should have applied earlier!
I was only offered job in the last week of July and COS in the first week of August. Further, I had to wait for bank statements to arrive (check my post on 7/August regarding Bank statements to be stamped). Booking appointment of 21/Aug was an absolute gamble. I received bank statements on 18th August.

Being an academic, I have to start working asap, as the teaching commences this month, and a lot of administration has to be done before we can actually start teaching, and hence, the sponsor is chasing up.

Don't get me wrong - You have a fair question, but patronising point. If I had enough time, I would have either applied earlier (and through post, given that it's cheaper too) or be relaxed about not getting the BRP by now. Can you offer any advise on how can I follow it up?

PS: Have already sent an e-mail to BRPDelivery.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:58 pm

I have now received my BRP - 8th working day.