ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appliction on hold shell i withdraw it

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baba777
Newly Registered

ILR appliction on hold shell i withdraw it

Post by baba777 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:45 pm

I went on same day service for ILR on tire 1 basis they have held my application and ask me to come back in two weeks time I have visa till Dec 2015. one of my tax return is not up to mark. shell I withdraw my application and amend my tax return and put up fresh application later on is that a wise thing to do.? can someone advise me plz...?

lostsixeven
Newly Registered

Re: ILR appliction on hold shell i withdraw it

Post by lostsixeven » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:26 pm

I applied few weeks ago and my Tax was fully paid however got my SA302 Tax file on that it says still Due and shows the amount. When i log in online it says all paid and shows a Balance of 0..... Confused as what to do??

My case was applied under 10 years but asked me to come back for an interview..

In your case i think you should seek professional advise and pay what you owe.

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:35 pm

lostsixeven wrote:I applied few weeks ago and my Tax was fully paid however got my SA302 Tax file on that it says still Due and shows the amount. When i log in online it says all paid and shows a Balance of 0..... Confused as what to do??

My case was applied under 10 years but asked me to come back for an interview..

In your case i think you should seek professional advise and pay what you owe.
Have you attended the interview already. ?

tungha1979
BANNED

Post by tungha1979 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:57 pm

baba777 wrote:I went on same day service for ILR on tire 1 basis they have held my application and ask me to come back in two weeks time I have visa till Dec 2015. one of my tax return is not up to mark. shell I withdraw my application and amend my tax return and put up fresh application later on is that a wise thing to do.? can someone advise me plz...?
Did you applied for your ILR based on self employment? which of your taxes are not up to date? initial or the extension one?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 pm

If deception was used, this could warrant an refusal under 322.

The onus is on applicant to ensure that the document they produce, is a true reflection of their circumstances.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:41 am

tungha1979 wrote:
baba777 wrote:I went on same day service for ILR on tire 1 basis they have held my application and ask me to come back in two weeks time I have visa till Dec 2015. one of my tax return is not up to mark. shell I withdraw my application and amend my tax return and put up fresh application later on is that a wise thing to do.? can someone advise me plz...?
Did you applied for your ILR based on self employment? which of your taxes are not up to date? initial or the extension one?
some of my earning was from self employment. initial taxes r not up to mark.

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:45 am

even if your withdraw the application now it wont make much difference unless you have visa left for another 6 months.

The current timescale to amend the tax return is between 4-5 months.

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 am

akan wrote:even if your withdraw the application now it wont make much difference unless you have visa left for another 6 months.

The current timescale to amend the tax return is between 4-5 months.
I have visa for another 4 month there is no way I can do the amendments in this time period and put fresh application again

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:00 am

Well no one on earth knows how long HMRC will take however 4 months is hopeful. Send your amendments by tomorrow with registered mail to HMRC and call them for status update after 1 month.

It will be wise if you pay them everything upfront and they can update your taxes when its amended.

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:08 am

akan wrote:Well no one on earth knows how long HMRC will take however 4 months is hopeful. Send your amendments by tomorrow with registered mail to HMRC and call them for status update after 1 month.

It will be wise if you pay them everything upfront and they can update your taxes when its amended.
so it will be wise to withdraw the application now and do the amendment and reapply later on.?

baba777
Newly Registered

Post by baba777 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 am

akan wrote:Well no one on earth knows how long HMRC will take however 4 months is hopeful. Send your amendments by tomorrow with registered mail to HMRC and call them for status update after 1 month.

will op make an issue of this that I have withdraw the application for the purpose of amending the tax. please advise me.

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:43 pm

at the moment you dont really know why they have asked you to come back after two week for interview....

wait for others members to reply who may or may be going for interview.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:12 pm

guys..so what is the update so far on the withdrawal process and the interview?

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Please update us with your current situation so that the forum could advise more

mathew8085
Newly Registered

Post by mathew8085 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

I been reading the posts above and its been such a help.
I am in similar situation. I am currently on Tier 1 G visa and I did apply for ILR based on 5-year completion. I did apply same day service. My Papers are now on hold and I been ask to produce SA302 from 2010 till current date.

My situation is that I been employed and doing self-employment as well. All the tax paid by my employers which can be seen on my p60 however there was an error committed by my account in filling my self employment tax return. So my SA302 will not have the correct info home office is looking for to offer me ILR.

Can i file an amended tax return online and pay the amount due penalty and interest. Arrange SA302 and submit the same to the caseworker. Not sure if I can manage all this in 14 days. I still have another 4 months on my current Visa. If I could not manage to do the above due to time limit, is it advisable to withdraw my application, get the paperwork done and then re apply. If i Withdraw my applicant, will it have any impact on my future application. I am in uk now for 9 years and 6 months, and needs only 6 more months to complete 10 years.

Don’t want the loose opportunity for which I work so hard for years.

I will really appreciate if experts can advise me on my situation.