ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ignorant previous TAX decrepancy for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akan
BANNED

Re: Ignorant previous TAX decrepancy for ILR

Post by akan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 am

Send me email with you number

Email address = Moderator Edit

crazytopu

Post by crazytopu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:31 am

I am in the same situation and applied on Friday at Solihull. I'd suggest you figure out what's their main complain is about. I've gone through with my accountant and all the paper work I had from hmrc and payment receipts and they all match up. Maybe you should check this yourself first before jumping into thinking your accountant didn't pay the correct bill. You should also call HMRC and request your SA302 form which will list all your tax payments. Match them up with home office paper and you can tell what's what

crazytopu

Post by crazytopu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:17 pm

I am not sure if you have sent me a private message to discuss the matter. When I try to read that it says: You are not authorised to read private messages.

So, if you want to get in touch with me please send an email to email removed (moderator edit) and please send me your phone number so I can call back. Thanks.
Last edited by CR001 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:18 pm

akan wrote:Send me email with you number
Why? Then it spoils the thread and doesn't help other people later. Or are you trying to sell something?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

crazytopu

Post by crazytopu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:41 am

@Wanderer, You probably should do your due diligence before jumping the gun. Till to date I had only posted 2 posts and 1 comment on other's post. So, if I am after selling things I must be the worst sales person in the world.

I clearly said there was this email that landed on my inbox telling me that someone from the board has sent me a private message with a subject line of "Lets discuss this" - and I can't access that message.

Clearly, if you have read my previous post and this post - you would know the author of this post and myself are on the same boat facing similar issues with home office. So, I only asked him/her to contact me because they might have taken the initiative to contact me in the first instance. I can't confirm their details as I couldn't read the private message. Is this clear now?

johnnychilled
Newly Registered

Post by johnnychilled » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:31 pm

I am new here.
This is just my two pence.
When you apply for extension most applicants if not all have not paid their company tax or filed a self-assessment ( based on the assumption that you have a limited company). What the accountant then do is to create a management account in which he/she states how much profit you have made, how much dividends you have received, how much company tax you would pay when due and the basis of the visa approval is that you will pay such taxes.
In my own case i eneded paying more company tax than stated because when i applied it was not end of the tax year so i earned more money and had to pay more tax.
For the self assement which is different from the company tax, you have to pay tax on these less some allowance which i have forgotten its name now.
If you dont pay that tax it means that the basis for your visa extension has been invalidated as you have not made enough money for the extension.
I am not an accountant ( i am in the medical field) but i make sure i read the tax laws of the country so i do not fall foul of this law as HMRC can be nasty if you owe them money.
What i would advise is to look at the letter your accountant sent to the home office for the extension ( it would state all the details i have mentioned above) then pay the company tax and your self assessment personal tax.
Good luck.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

akan wrote:Send me email with you number
akan,

Please cease and desist from asking people to PM you and/or asking people to email you for explanation and resolution of their problems.

If you wish to contribute your knowledge to a posted query and offer a resolution or further guidance on the matter, please do so openly in the forum.

If such content (asking people to PM you or email you, or posting your email IDs) is observed or reported again, you may find your access to the forum terminated.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

DCee
BANNED

Post by DCee » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Hannah111 wrote:I did my PEO today for ILR and the case worker discovered that there were discrepancy in the HMRC figures and Home office figures for previous tier 1 renewals. It was my accountant that assisted me to file for my self-assessment tax returns. I am totally ignorant of how these taxes are calculated. I still have valid Visa till feb2015. The case worker told me that they needed to do further investigations before they can make decisions. Please I really need an urgent help or advice now?
Hannah Can I ask what year was your last renewal? Feb 2013 I guess?

Bri2015
Newly Registered

Post by Bri2015 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Dear Hannah

I think you are panicking now unnecessary. Please get few accountants' advise and do the tax amendment / tax correction.

And it is always better to use new accountant. Postal tax correction / amendment can take up to 3 months. However, there are few

software available to do these corrections and it should be quicker than paper base amendment.

I think, HO wont curtail your visa even if they refuse it now. So you can amend your tax and pay the amount to HMRC and inform the

HO as a additional document. This is my opinion, please discuss with others and take a decision soon.

Good luck.

DCee
BANNED

Post by DCee » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Bri2015 wrote: I think, HO wont curtail your visa even if they refuse it now. So you can amend your tax and pay the amount to HMRC and inform the
Any grounds for this?

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:07 pm

just need to make amendment asap

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:06 am

@ hannah

Any update on your case,

ijazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by ijazkhan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi,

would you like to share an update/progress in this case? So it can help others

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Any updates?

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Any updates about your case?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

ilrvisanow wrote:Any updates about your case?
Why have you posted the same question within a minute of the first one? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ilrvisanow

Post by ilrvisanow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:12 pm

yes due to my idiot-phone ...it got stuck....and i saw two post by the time i got it working

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

No problem
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.