ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 to ILR - English language requirement letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thikkals
Newly Registered

Tier1 to ILR - English language requirement letter

Post by thikkals » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:38 am

Hi, I know that people have asked this question before but I cant find a definite answer for this.

I am applying for ILR using my bachelor degree which was taught in India. The Page 16 of the ILR application form says they requires "A UK NARIC latter has confirmed the qualification was taught in English"

1) Does this mean I have to obtain a letter from NARIC? or, will UKBA accept the printout of a Points based caulator. has anyone here in a similar situation recently applied for ILR only using the PBS printout?

2) I am currently a Tier1(General) migrant. I cant find Tier1 in PBS anymore. can I fill PBS by choosing the current category as Tier2 instead?

Thanks
Suneeth

geriatrix

Re: Tier1 to ILR - English language requirement letter

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

thikkals
Newly Registered

Absence from UK question on the ILR form

Post by thikkals » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi, I am applying for ILR ( currently on Tier1) and have a question regarding the "Absence from the UK" (Question 6.2 and 6.3) of the application form SET (O)

I have worked as a permanent employee as well as a contractor for few companies in the last 5 years and have taken few short holidays abroad ( All together less than 60 days in 5 years). None of them are work related absence.

Question 6.2 - It says "Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under: Tier1, Tier2 etc...)" . do I need to show any evidence for all my holidays? the statement in the bracket ("including paid annual leave") is confusing me

Question 6.3 - Which option needs to be checked for this question?

Thanks
Suneeth