ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newmember113
Newly Registered

SET(LR) Eligibility

Post by newmember113 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:55 am

Hi All,

I am hoping to apply for the 10-years long residence (legal stay) at the end of this year.

However, the only problem I have is a shortfall in income.

I have worked hard for 7 years and for this duration the income is fine. But for the last 3 years, I embarked on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, and have not been able to earn much. I did some freelance work and earned only about £2K.

Can anyone please tell me if income is a factor to apply for this route?

Thank you.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Eligibility - Little Income

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:54 pm

On 10 year basis there is no financial requirement even u don't have to send statement . What u need is English test or degree , life in uk test and last 10 years passport
ss

newmember113
Newly Registered

Gaps in between Visas for SET(LR) due to application

Post by newmember113 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know, I am going to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence but there are gaps in between my visa start dates because I was waiting for decisions on my visa applications.

Do these gaps count towards the allowance? Or do they not count because technically it's not really my fault, I was only waiting for HO/UKBA's decision and the arrival of my new visa/BRP card.

Thank you.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Gaps in between Visas for SET(LR) due to application

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 pm

As long as you had made valid applications before the current visa being expired then all such period will be counted regardless of when you were issued visa.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

newmember113
Newly Registered

Tax proof for SET (LR) application?

Post by newmember113 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi All,

I am going to be applying for Settlement soon on the 10-years long residence route.

I spent the last 3 years on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and was self-employed. Could I be asked to submit documents related to my Tax affairs during these 3 years?

Thank you.

geriatrix

Re: SET(LR) Eligibility

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Could you be asked? Yes.
Will you be asked? Who knows ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

newmember113
Newly Registered

Post by newmember113 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks sushdmehta and all others that have responded to my previous questions.

newmember113
Newly Registered

Post by newmember113 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the answers so far.

I have got a potentially huge problem.

I showed £50K in funds for the company I established, when applying for the T1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

One year after my visa was approved, I closed down the Ltd. company and started being self-employed.

My issue is that I never created a business bank account for the Ltd. and I have used the £50K for my personal expenses as well.

Could this potentially be a problem when I apply for the ILR? As my accounts will show for example £10,000 in expenses but the bank account will show £20,000 withdrawn, so they could ask where the other £10K went?

Thank you.

newmember113
Newly Registered

Post by newmember113 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any ideas about my question above, please?

What could be the possible consequences of a Director using the funds that were shown for a Limited Company for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur application, for personal costs?

An answer or any kind of idea or knowledge shared would be a massive help!

Thank you.