ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Leave to Remain- Medical Report

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Limited Leave to Remain- Medical Report

Post by Bani4m » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi all,

My previous visa was dependent visa and my relationship broke down during the probation.
I applied for FLR(O) and my application is considered for within Appendix FM and I got a letter asking for medical report 'An NHS report from an NHS consultant detailing your diagnosis and severity of the condition, what treatment is being received,long and short term prognosis and whether I am fit to travel' 'please be aware that under S.LTT.1.7 of the Appendix FM of the immigration rules for limited leave to remain will be refused on the basis of suitably.

Has anyone got this kind of report.

Thank you

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Re: Limited Leave to Remain- Medical Report

Post by Bani4m » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Bani4m wrote:Hi all,

My previous visa was dependent visa and my relationship broke down during the probation.
I applied for FLR(O) and my application is considered for within Appendix FM and I got a letter asking for medical report "'An NHS report from an NHS consultant detailing your diagnosis and severity of the condition, what treatment is being received,long and short term prognosis and whether I am fit to travel' 'please be aware that under S.LTR.1.7 of the Appendix FM of the immigration rules for limited leave to remain will be refused on the basis of suitability"

Has anyone got this kind of letter.

Thank you

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:32 pm

I applied for FLR(O) and my application is considered for within Appendix FM and I got a letter asking for medical report 'An NHS report from an NHS consultant detailing your diagnosis and severity of the condition, what treatment is being received,long and short term prognosis and whether I am fit to travel' 'please be aware that under S.LTT.1.7 of the Appendix FM of the immigration rules for limited leave to remain will be refused on the basis of suitably.

Thank you

Wait, I'm confused! Under what category are you trying to remain?? Is it on the grounds of ill health and compassionate circumstances?

Under normal circumstances, if there is a breakdown of a relationship and you do not yet have ILR, you would need to apply for a visa in your own right or you would need to leave the UK. Having previously been in a relationship does not ordinarily qualify you to stay.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 pm

What is the basis or reason or grounds you claim or put down for an FLR(O) application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Post by Bani4m » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 pm

physicskate wrote:

Thank you

Wait, I'm confused! Under what category are you trying to remain?? Is it on the grounds of ill health and compassionate circumstances?

Under normal circumstances, if there is a breakdown of a relationship and you do not yet have ILR, you would need to apply for a visa in your own right or you would need to leave the UK. Having previously been in a relationship does not ordinarily qualify you to stay.

Thank you for your reply.
I was on a initial 2year probation and my relationship ended before I could apply for ILR. I made application based on compassionate and compelling reason, also domestic violence but I applied for FLR(O) LOTR because I was unsure which one I can qualify for.
I did mention I am going through depression thats all, because if I go back to my country I will be forced to marry and might (I explained my situation) but I received this letter yesterday asking for medical report and I am confused. I am unable to paste the link but I need to qualify for suitability requirement especially S.LTR.1.7.

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Do you have proof of domestic violence (police reports, medical reports, womens shelter help)? There is a different form for domestic violence victims but you have to have proof.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Post by Bani4m » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 pm

I am hoping the medical report is only asked for due diligence because I see the same suitability requirement is umentioned for other categories Eg. Remain as a spouse, child etc and for my application S.LTR.1.7 is the relevant one.

I have lived in the UK for about 5 years and none of the categories needed me to provide medical report. Is it applicable for people who apply for long residence permit.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Post by Bani4m » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 pm

CR001 wrote:Do you have proof of domestic violence (police reports, medical reports, womens shelter help)? There is a different form for domestic violence victims but you have to have proof.
My passport and visa was stolen , that was the only proof.
I have that domestic violence can also be emotional and psychological. Also, due to the past relationship , going back to the country might cause distress and pressure from the family could be faced.

Bani4m
Newly Registered

FLR(O) Family and private life

Post by Bani4m » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently got a refusal from the home office with an option to appeal. Please see below my history.
Came here as a student in Oct 2010
Applied for PSW valid until May 2014.
Switched to unmarried visa - valid until May 2017

I made an Application May 2017 and informed HO on relationship breakdown and Jan 2016 I got a refusal stating I do not meet requirements and I can make an appeal within 14 days. Additionally, they have sent my documents, passport and my current dependant visa back, I am glad I have all the documents but I am confused why they have sent me back my old visa.

I asked few solicitors and they mentioned it is very rare that HO sends the passport / visa back. Does anyone know why ? Does that mean I can stay until the leave expires.

I will be appealing and do not have to send my original docs. Please advise if anyone has come across similar situation.

Thanks in Advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(O) Family and private life

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:35 am

What visa were you applying for?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bani4m
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Family and private life

Post by Bani4m » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:49 am

I applied for FLR(o) Leave outside the rules