ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trinity A1 or IELTS A1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tanyanyata
Newly Registered

Trinity A1 or IELTS A1

Post by tanyanyata » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help my nephew wants to apply for a spouse visa having been refused an FLR he is now looking to return home to do the application. Should he do the English test before he leaves because he wants to make a speedy application within days of arriving.
1-He has overstayed so would it be a problem if he did the test here before leaving?
2-Do they require that the passport show a valid visa when he uses it as ID?
3-Read somewhere that Trinity A1 is only for in UK applications and IELTS A1 is for out country applications does it make a difference if he does the trinity one as this has more accessible date.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks you

tanyanyata
Newly Registered

Quick Question

Post by tanyanyata » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:19 am

hi all,

If I intend on making my spouse visa application in Zimbabwe but am still in the UK can I do an A1 English exam via Trinity college and go with my certificate and apply from Zim?

Someone told me that only IELTS is accepted from abroad , just wanted to double check.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Quick Question

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:30 am

tanyanyata wrote:hi all,

If I intend on making my spouse visa application in Zimbabwe but am still in the UK can I do an A1 English exam via Trinity college and go with my certificate and apply from Zim?

Someone told me that only IELTS is accepted from abroad , just wanted to double check.

Thanks
You can go to any approved test centre in the world, see list:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.