ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 Naturalisation (by marriage) queries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Stanic

Form 8 Naturalisation (by marriage) queries

Post by Stanic » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi folks, I've used the search function and cannot find anything (or anything recent) about some queries we have for the Form 8 Naturalisation form. I'm hoping someone who has recently done the form may be able to help with any of my questions.

1. The notes in page two say "The relevant sworn affidavit (at the back of this application form)..."
I just want to confirm there is no affidavit at the back though a similar looking declaration is on Pg 14. So I should also complete the affidavit found at: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/MARRIAGE ... IDAVIT.pdf

1. For Part 1.4 it asks for documentary evidence to be provided with the reason for name change (due to marriage) does this mean we have to track down and translate any legal documents regarding this - would they be that strict??

2. I was under the impression that due to applying due to marriage, we would not need to do the residency calculator like for applications based on residence, yet section 5 asks for confirmation on reckonable residence etc yet doesn't say this can be skipped - did anyone else get confused by this?

3. Can the three referees/references be family friends? (Or even family members or the same solicitor who is a witness?) And is there a minimum time for how long the referee must have known us?

Many thanks to anyone who can help. I will try and call the helpline next week but hope to complete as much of the form as possible over the weekend.

(Also while I remember, after applying, do you get a receipt that means there are no problems re-entering the country if a current visa expires after application?)

Stanic

Re: Form 8 Naturalisation (by marriage) queries

Post by Stanic » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 am

Should anyone else have the same queries I had, I made a few phone calls to clear up most things.

1. The affidavit isn't actually attached, it is another document on the site and is if your marriage certificate doesn't say you're status (eg. single) prior to marriage.

1. (just realised I added two number 1s). Marriage certificate is enough to show name changes.

2. This is not applicable for us as applying due to marriage so just added N/A, but still completed the parts we had info for.

3. Referees can be family and friends, even the spouse if they are an Irish citizen.

And there is a letter of acknowledgement after application.