ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 test with driving licence (no passport or biometric card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

entoct2012
Newly Registered

B1 test with driving licence (no passport or biometric card

Post by entoct2012 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello Friends,

I need to book my 10Year ILR premium service application and need to book B1 test for this purpose.
As my passport is with home office (expired) and bio metric residence card is with the home office as well pending my previous application.

please guide , how can i book my B1 test. i called Ielts and they will only accept valid passport and Trinity only accepts bio metric residence card.
i have full driving licence .

Its very urgent . pls help.

entoct2012
Newly Registered

Re: B1 test with driving licence (no passport or biometric c

Post by entoct2012 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Anybody pls comment , is there anyway i can book my test as i have contacted home office as my appeal is pending and they will not return any document to me . thanks

entoct2012
Newly Registered

Post by entoct2012 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Many views and no reply or comment. pls share your experience or suggestions

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:49 pm

entoct2012 wrote:Many views and no reply or comment. pls share your experience or suggestions
If HO won't play ball it appears all you can do is contact test centres & see what ID they require, as you seem to be doing.

Alternately it appears ESOL B1 (if on Ofqual website - so not just from Trinity) is accepted even for settlement until November.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
You can also prove your knowledge of English by having:

an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland - qualifications at Entry 1 or 2 won’t be accepted

From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications.
May be worth following up on further.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:28 pm

noajthan wrote:
entoct2012 wrote:Many views and no reply or comment. pls share your experience or suggestions
If HO won't play ball it appears all you can do is contact test centres & see what ID they require, as you seem to be doing.

Alternately it appears ESOL B1 (if on Ofqual website - so not just from Trinity) is accepted even for settlement until November.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
You can also prove your knowledge of English by having:

an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland - qualifications at Entry 1 or 2 won’t be accepted

From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications.
May be worth following up on further.
@noajthan OP cant give any other exams. Esol is valid until November 2015 if passed before 6th April 2015.

From 6th april 2015 only Ielts and Trinity r the acceptable Language test provider. If both of them r not accepting any other form of ID except passport than u can't do anything. Request HO to send back your passport so u can appear in the test.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:55 am

Zee ali wrote:@noajthan OP cant give any other exams. Esol is valid until November 2015 if passed before 6th April 2015.

From 6th april 2015 only Ielts and Trinity r the acceptable Language test provider. If both of them r not accepting any other form of ID except passport than u can't do anything. Request HO to send back your passport so u can appear in the test.
OP reports he has already exhausted the HO document retrieval route. They won't play ball.

Gov UK website on proof of English is, ironically, quite poorly worded & confusing.

I lean towards your interpretation, particularly for settlement.
However some posters in forum have recently appeared to report success taking & submitting ESOL certificates (post April 2015).
I leave searching for such postings/reports as an exercise for the reader.

In the circumstances (& with few/no other option/s) it would be worth OP ringing round all such providers & crosschecking with HO on this point too;
(especially as some providers' websites apparently also claim their ESOLs are accepted until November).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

m4sud
Newly Registered

Post by m4sud » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:10 pm

entoct2012 wrote:Hello Friends,

I need to book my 10Year ILR premium service application and need to book B1 test for this purpose.
As my passport is with home office (expired) and bio metric residence card is with the home office as well pending my previous application.

please guide , how can i book my B1 test. i called Ielts and they will only accept valid passport and Trinity only accepts bio metric residence card.
i have full driving licence .

Its very urgent . pls help.
I'm in the same boat and don't know what is the solution. Please let me know what you did? Thanks

cuxtud
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: B1 test with driving licence (no passport or biometric card

Post by cuxtud » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Same situation. Any help?