ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No decision after 5 weeks

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mishkatroots
Newly Registered

No decision after 5 weeks

Post by mishkatroots » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Dear good people,

I'm facing a very strange problem. I applied at VFS Bangladesh on 27th July. After waiting for one month I called UKVI helpline and they told me my decision was made on 13th August, and I should've received my documents by now. Apparently they posted a request for acceleration which did not help because it's been two weeks and still no result. Meanwhile my university emailed me to confirm that they have received my BRP.

My class starts on 21st and if I don't get my documents by 15th Sept I'm afraid I'll be unable to attend.

Please help me out, what can I do to help my case? I've emailed almost everywhere all my efforts returned no result.

Thank you in advance for the help 0ugys :)

mishkatroots
Newly Registered

Re: No decision after 5 weeks

Post by mishkatroots » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Anyone?

hasan6223
Newly Registered

Post by hasan6223 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi, I have a very recent experience with the (UK) VSF office in Bangladesh.And you have got into the same situation. They are providing rubbish service there. I think they already received your documents from British high commission Dhaka (Decision from New Delhi but documents come back from BHC Dhaka) and sent you text messages but their text message delivery system is not working so you have not received any text. The best thing to do on Monday go to the VSF office and ask about your documents, tell them that you have got email reply from the UKVI that the decision on you application has already been made. Make sure these people are crap,rude, unprofessional, not up to date with any rules and regulation, they always lie and do not care about your suffering due to their faults in processing your visa application. These people have no authority over the decision of your application so be brave go and ask them straight way about your documents, they will try to avoid you but do not leave until you find out where is your file and what exactly happened with it. I suspect they will say it just come today in the morning while giving you your file back. Wish you good luck.

hasan6223
Newly Registered

Post by hasan6223 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi Just to let you know book your plane ticket now before 12th of September. Because your visa has been issued only for 30 days as you have mentioned decision was made on 13th of August so it will be valid until 12th of September 2015. You need to be in UK before 12th of September otherwise you will have to follow some further process to get a new visa sticker and you will be paying more fees for that. I think VSF office will be open on Sunday. Try going on Sunday.

mishkatroots
Newly Registered

Post by mishkatroots » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 am

hasan6223 wrote:Hi Just to let you know book your plane ticket now before 12th of September. Because your visa has been issued only for 30 days as you have mentioned decision was made on 13th of August so it will be valid until 12th of September 2015. You need to be in UK before 12th of September otherwise you will have to follow some further process to get a new visa sticker and you will be paying more fees for that. I think VSF office will be open on Sunday. Try going on Sunday.
Hi hasan6223 thanks a lot for your response... I checked with VFS twice last week. They checked and said documents haven't returned. The secon time I even pretended that I got their confirmation email. Didn't work. Should I check with the high commission? Do they take care of visa issues in person? When I call their number they say they don't… regarding travel date, planned travel date on my application was 1st September don't you think they'd issue visa for that date?

hasan6223
Newly Registered

Post by hasan6223 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 am

Hi For my case the documents were in VSF office but still they denied it and gave it after 18 days of receiving the documents. Send an email feedbackukbd@vfshelpline.com here telling that you have not received you file back and have not received any sms from them. They will tell you if they sent any sms to you and when. If they have sent sms to you that means file is in vsf office but they are denying it. Normally Visa issued from the date decision has been made not from the date you are planning to travel. Decision made in New delhi then passed it to British high commission dhaka they put the 30 days sticker on your passport and next day they deliver it to VSF office for your collection. VSF office sent you text sms on that day or next day for collecting your documents. They do not an send email though you have paid for it. Also your Bio metric card has been issued at the same or next day when the decision was made.

mishkatroots
Newly Registered

Post by mishkatroots » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:48 pm

hasan6223 wrote:Hi For my case the documents were in VSF office but still they denied it and gave it after 18 days of receiving the documents. Send an email feedbackukbd@vfshelpline.com here telling that you have not received you file back and have not received any sms from them. They will tell you if they sent any sms to you and when. If they have sent sms to you that means file is in vsf office but they are denying it. Normally Visa issued from the date decision has been made not from the date you are planning to travel. Decision made in New delhi then passed it to British high commission dhaka they put the 30 days sticker on your passport and next day they deliver it to VSF office for your collection. VSF office sent you text sms on that day or next day for collecting your documents. They do not an send email though you have paid for it. Also your Bio metric card has been issued at the same or next day when the decision was made.

Thanks a lot for all the help man. I'll send the email today... On another note I contacted UKVI yesterday, today they sent mail saying "we received advice from the decision making centre that you will be contacted with your documents in due time".... Not sure what that means but I'll hope for the best... Thank you again and take care!!

mishkatroots
Newly Registered

Post by mishkatroots » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:27 pm

hasan6223 wrote:Hi For my case the documents were in VSF office but still they denied it and gave it after 18 days of receiving the documents. Send an email feedbackukbd@vfshelpline.com here telling that you have not received you file back and have not received any sms from them. They will tell you if they sent any sms to you and when. If they have sent sms to you that means file is in vsf office but they are denying it. Normally Visa issued from the date decision has been made not from the date you are planning to travel. Decision made in New delhi then passed it to British high commission dhaka they put the 30 days sticker on your passport and next day they deliver it to VSF office for your collection. VSF office sent you text sms on that day or next day for collecting your documents. They do not an send email though you have paid for it. Also your Bio metric card has been issued at the same or next day when the decision was made.
Dear hasan6223
I received another email in response to my request for escalation of my case saying - "We hope to have an accurate answer regarding this matter in around 5
working days although we depend on other department's reply to be able to
resolve this matter. Escalations not replied within this time frame are
still waiting for a reply. "
Not sure why they mean, what do you think.

justlooking
Newly Registered

Post by justlooking » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:32 am

What ended up happening? I applied for mine on Aug. 18 but haven't heard back since then. Did you also go through 2 interviews?