ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KingdomMan

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:Hello everyone , i put my long story short which is , i got approved for citizenship in January 2015 but i was going to my home country in early march 2015 for 3 months so i didn,t them anything , then i went to home country and came back in last week of July 2015 and sent them GNIB card , photos and 950 Euros , so my question is will i be called in next upcoming ceremony or i will be put on hold now as i was out of my queue for a while ? i sent them email yesterday and got this reply " Your documents have been received and you will be invited to attend a future Citizenship Ceremony. There are no dates set for any future Ceremonies yet. It may be 2-3 months before you are invited to a future ceremony. As soon as one has been announced it will appear on our website http://www.inis.gov.ie/ .This office will be in touch with you in this
regard in due course. "

What does they mean in their reply by 2-3 months ? do they mean i will not be called minimum before 2-3 months ?
The next citizenship ceremony is most likely to be sometimes this October, so, you can be rest assured to be invited to the ceremony in October. Good luck!

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:15 pm

KingdomMan thanks very much , i thought they will think after 2-3 months if they are inviting me in next ceremony or not.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:28 pm

[/quote] You're very wrong in withholding back your GNIB card as it's not necessary to have it with you for your future travels. You should have sent in the card and other requirements and be at liberty to defer your invitation to the citizenship ceremony till the next ceremony in line.[/quote]
The main reason i didn't send it to them is that i didn't want to be invited and not attend the ceremony. I more likely be away on this this as i am rraveling fron 20 sep to 15 Oct so let's say i will send it to them befor going on my holiday and they will send me back the invitation while i am on holiday so what gonna happen.... most times i am flying somewhere at the airline checking they look for the gnib card to check me in the flight so how can i fly without it???

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm

badr-amiche wrote:
You're very wrong in withholding back your GNIB card as it's not necessary to have it with you for your future travels. You should have sent in the card and other requirements and be at liberty to defer your invitation to the citizenship ceremony till the next ceremony in line.[/quote]
The main reason i didn't send it to them is that i didn't want to be invited and not attend the ceremony. I more likely be away on this this as i am rraveling fron 20 sep to 15 Oct so let's say i will send it to them befor going on my holiday and they will send me back the invitation while i am on holiday so what gonna happen.... most times i am flying somewhere at the airline checking they look for the gnib card to check me in the flight so how can i fly without it???[/quote]
All you need do is make a photocopy of your GNIB card and also a copy of your approval letter. These two document will suffice anytime you are on a journey in or out of Ireland.

AmeliaBoyle
Newly Registered

Post by AmeliaBoyle » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi all

Just a quick question. When your paperwork is in the second stage of processing, does it mean that they've already done the relevant checks and it's waiting on approval or does it mean that it is in the process of being checked? I applied 28 may 2015, 1st letter 05 June 2015, Second stage 28th July. Approval: Pending

caveman
Newly Registered

Post by caveman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
caveman wrote:While I'm praying and hoping everyone here get's his/her approval letter as soon as possible but I have to ask if anyone has heard anything relating to the next citizenship ceremony. When will it be?>

Thanks
The next citizenship ceremony is more than likely to be held early or mid October. Also, applicants should expect more approvals to start rolling in between this week and next week. Good luck everyone!

@KingdomMan......Sent in GNIB card and €950 plus 2 passport photographs (though wasn't required but I'm not taking any chances :D ) My questions is do you get an acknowledgement when you send in your GNIB card and postal order? I didn't get any and that was first week of August

Thanks

gb1985

Post by gb1985 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 pm

AmeliaBoyle wrote:Hi all

Just a quick question. When your paperwork is in the second stage of processing, does it mean that they've already done the relevant checks and it's waiting on approval or does it mean that it is in the process of being checked? I applied 28 may 2015, 1st letter 05 June 2015, Second stage 28th July. Approval: Pending
+1.
Does anyone know?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:00 pm

caveman wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
caveman wrote:While I'm praying and hoping everyone here get's his/her approval letter as soon as possible but I have to ask if anyone has heard anything relating to the next citizenship ceremony. When will it be?>

Thanks
The next citizenship ceremony is more than likely to be held early or mid October. Also, applicants should expect more approvals to start rolling in between this week and next week. Good luck everyone!

@KingdomMan......Sent in GNIB card and €950 plus 2 passport photographs (though wasn't required but I'm not taking any chances :D ) My questions is do you get an acknowledgement when you send in your GNIB card and postal order? I didn't get any and that was first week of August

Thanks
You don't get acknowledgement but in due course you get a letter of invitation stating your time and batch number for the ceremony.

Adelizzy1
Newly Registered

Post by Adelizzy1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:03 am

camisu wrote:@Adekizy1: We are on the same boat , I also applied in June 2014. I also wrote to them in my own word base on the offenses committed. Am 14/15 months now waiting for decisions. They keep repeating the same thing. I think is better to ignore them bicos they dont give ppl the accurate reply, there is no transparency in the application update they just tell u whatever they like .They think ppl are foolish for calling them .Seating on ppl application for nothing, is absurd. They should just give a prompt answer is stead of messing with ppl emotions. Crap :)

I know right.. it's so annoying like.. its over a year, isn't that enough punishment?

belfastni
Newly Registered

Post by belfastni » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 am

Adelizzy1 wrote:
camisu wrote:@Adekizy1: We are on the same boat , I also applied in June 2014. I also wrote to them in my own word base on the offenses committed. Am 14/15 months now waiting for decisions. They keep repeating the same thing. I think is better to ignore them bicos they dont give ppl the accurate reply, there is no transparency in the application update they just tell u whatever they like .They think ppl are foolish for calling them .Seating on ppl application for nothing, is absurd. They should just give a prompt answer is stead of messing with ppl emotions. Crap :)

I know right.. it's so annoying like.. its over a year, isn't that enough punishment?
What ever your offences please share

camisu
Newly Registered

Post by camisu » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:11 am

Anyone here with same experience? A lady told me on phone this morning that my application could take another 6 months .Could this be true . My application is now 14 months .Any precious experience would help. Thanks.

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:46 pm

PLEASE GUYS HELP ON MY WIFE APPLICATION AND EXPLAIN THIS EMAIL FOR EXPERIMENTED PEOPLES:
(
Please note that your application for naturalization is to the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application. )

how LONG GUYS YOU THINK WILL TAKE ? IT IS A REPLY BACK FROM ALMOST 2 WEEKS LIKE THIS ? WILL SHE ABLE TO HAVE APPROVAL BEFORE NEXT CEREMONY THAT WE N EXPECT ALL TO BE IN OCTOBER.

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 pm

C

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:39 pm

@Rio29 in my opinion you should hear from them with a couple of weeks

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:20 am

ok couples of weeks , does mean 16 weeks , or one to two weeks or what exactly ?

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 am

Gracious2015 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:39 pm

@Rio29 in my opinion you should hear from them with a couple of weeks

is that mean one or two weeks or 4 weeks and above ?

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 am

@Rio29 Based on my experience I would say much earlier than 4 weeks, Good Luck

araja
Newly Registered

Post by araja » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Guys, anyone have clue that up to how long approval letters coming for upcoming ceremony . its been six month since i applied , i contacted INIS for an update of my application i was told its in advance stage. how long more after advance stage it took for approval. thanks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:06 pm

araja wrote:Guys, anyone have clue that up to how long approval letters coming for upcoming ceremony . its been six month since i applied , i contacted INIS for an update of my application i was told its in advance stage. how long more after advance stage it took for approval. thanks
Most likely your application has been approved by the minister and just the INIS officials preparing a letter in that respect to be issued and sent in the post to you in the coming days. Good luck!

araja
Newly Registered

Post by araja » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:40 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
araja wrote:Guys, anyone have clue that up to how long approval letters coming for upcoming ceremony . its been six month since i applied , i contacted INIS for an update of my application i was told its in advance stage. how long more after advance stage it took for approval. thanks
Most likely your application has been approved by the minister and just the INIS officials preparing a letter in that respect to be issued and sent in the post to you in the coming days. Good luck!
thanks million

camisu
Newly Registered

Post by camisu » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:00 am

Guys how soon would I be expecting an approval? I got this email replied on Friday?

Hi Camisu,

Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister & will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Query

samailo232
Newly Registered

Post by samailo232 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 am

Moritz2325 wrote:Hi all,

Letter of approval received on 25th of Feb 2015, I am away at the moment and was wondering if I make all the arrangements to send passport photo, GNIB + 950, would immigration officer allow me to enter the country with a garda certified copy of my GNIB + of course the stamp on my passport? Also if I get the invitation for the 10th of April to attend the ceremony can I postpone for the next ceremony as I won't be in the country yet(are there extra fees to pay etc. as it does mention in the letter to avoid extra fees please make arrangement as soon as possible)

Could anyone please adv asap?

Thanks.
Hi Moritz
I was reading about the issue you had three years ago regarding the GNIB card extension for the year you didn't get.. I am in the same situation got 3 years of the 5 and my GNIB card expires soon , Could you tell me please what happened? they asked me to write letter to to Eu treaty right to explain my situation ... my wife still work and live in Ireland but she refused to go with me to immigration.. so I wont be able to get 2 year.
looking forward to harring from you.
Cheers

AmeliaBoyle
Newly Registered

Post by AmeliaBoyle » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:59 am

Stupid question but can anyone help? Does a second stage letter say 'second stage letter' on it? I'm trying to figure out where I'm at in terms of my application. Kind regards
Last edited by AmeliaBoyle on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmeliaBoyle
Newly Registered

Post by AmeliaBoyle » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:59 am

Stupid question but can anyone help? Does a second stage letter say 'second stage letter' on it? I'm trying to figure out where I'm at in terms of my application.

mahersab

Post by mahersab » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:24 am

Hy Cumisu
Would u mind to tell why your application take so long do you have any offence
Mahersab