ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice requested regarding official financial sponsorship.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GfL
Newly Registered

Advice requested regarding official financial sponsorship.

Post by GfL » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 am

Hello there!

I have an offer for an MPhil/PhD with complete funding for my first year (fees + a stipend of 16k). The Tier 4 sponsor has included details of this in a sponsor's note attached to the CAS, thus
"This student is in receipt of a partial scholarship to aid him in his MPhil/PhD study at ****. Professor **** (his principal supervisor) will be paying his tuition fees at the overseas rate of £19,850.00 for the first year as well as a stipend of £16,000 for living expenses in the first year of study."
Does this mean that for an application made from overseas answering the following question on appendix 8
6.15 Put a cross (X) in the relevant box to confirm what evidence of financial sponsorship you have provided.
The option
"You are receiving official financial sponsorship from your Tier 4 licensed sponsor (e.g. a scholarship or bursary), and details of the financial sponsorship are included in the CAS. "
is the right one to tick?

Cheers,
GfL

fragality
Newly Registered

Re: Advice requested regarding official financial sponsorshi

Post by fragality » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Dear GfL
did you get visa finally? Could you please tell if you had any issues with that?
I have quite the same situation and very nervous about the outcome.