ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expert please advise urgent Minor Indian passport Surrender

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sham111

Expert please advise urgent Minor Indian passport Surrender

Post by sham111 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi,

Bit of background.

Minor son was UK born before my ILR and had to leave the UK before my ILR , so applied for Indian passport and didn't obtained any visa. after my ILR 3(1) as british citizen then applied for COE ROA from indian and joined me in the UK.

Recently applied for British passport and then surrender indian one a VFS got a text from VFS that has to pay a £435 as penalties on travelling on India passport for 3 travel trips, What they are asking is legal for a minor. please advise

ManY Thanks

pennylessinindia

Re: Expert please advise urgent Minor Indian passport Surren

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:26 pm

"The Government of India has prescribed imposition of penalty on a graded scale, depending on the number of trips made on the Indian passport, renewal of Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality and Retention of Indian Passport for more than 3 years after acquiring foreign nationality, for the violation of Passport Rules ranging from a minimum of £145 up to a maximum of £1088"
VFS site makes it pretty clear about the penalties :(
pennyless

sham111

Post by sham111 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Just an update , followed the advise on the forum and written to High commission about my son's case with Right of Abode and rules for Minors to waive the £435. Today receive surrender certificate and didn't have to pay anything.

So never give up and try your best.

:)

wasabi
Newly Registered

Post by wasabi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Sham111,

I am having same issue for my minor child (son) but in Hong Kong. Indian consulate in Hongkong asked me to pay penalties for two trips made with my son's Indian passport. Could you please advise how you managed to waive the penalties? It would certainly help me in my son's case.

We have plan for India trip next month. So would like to sort out this asap.

Appreciate if you can reply (or PM) me at your earliest convenience.

Many Thanks.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi Wasabi,

Does your son holds Indian passport with Right of Abode?

wasabi
Newly Registered

Post by wasabi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:42 pm

May I understand on "Indian passport with right of abode"? Do you mean right of abode in India or the other country.
If the other country, yes he has right of abode.
He born in HK and holds Indian passport.

Appreciate if you can advise.

Many Thanks.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Let me make is clear for you.

1) Are you and your Mrs both Indian citizens with Indian passport?

2) Does your son registered as British citizen and holds RoE (Certificate of Entitlement for Right of Abode) sticker on this indian passport (no british passport)

If the above conditions are met then there are chances otherwise no possibility.

Cheers

wasabi
Newly Registered

Post by wasabi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks Sham111 for your prompt reply.

I am living in HongKong(HK) not in Britain. But it seems the case is similar to yours, instead of British Citizen mine is HK.
1) Are you and your Mrs both Indian citizens with Indian passport?
I am a HongKong citizen by naturalization but Mrs holds India.
2) Does your son registered as British citizen and holds RoE (Certificate of Entitlement for Right of Abode) sticker on this Indian passport (no British passport)
My son is a Hong Kong citizen by birth since he born after I acquired the HK citizenship. He holds both Indian (by mother lineage) and HK passport . Yes, his Indian passport has a 'right of abode sticker'

Appreciate if you can advise how you managed to waive the penalty. May I also know whether you paid the surrender fee?

Thanks & Cheers